New users have access to all repositories

This forum is now locked, since Gold Support is no longer offered.

Moderator: SourceGear

davidcstuart

New users have access to all repositories

Post by davidcstuart » Wed Feb 09, 2005 9:59 am

I have a situation where I need to have an administrator for each repository. These administrators have the ability to add users. However, when they add users, by default the users are given access to ALL repositories. Since the administrator does not have access to ALL repositories, they cannot remove access for these new users. They have to call me (I'm the holder of the "admin" user) to get access removed from unneccessary repositories. Is there some way around this? If not, could you add this as a feature request?

Forgot to mention I'm running 3.0.2

Thanks.
David C. Stuart
US Army Corps of Engineers

dan

Post by dan » Wed Feb 09, 2005 11:13 am

Unfortunately, there isn't a way to handle this right now - we'll add it as a feature request.

joshyeager

Post by joshyeager » Wed Feb 09, 2005 3:03 pm

Just a suggestion for this - you could make it so that when someone creates a new user, it copies their permissions to the new user. That way, you can never create a user with more permissions than yourself.

Josh

davidcstuart

Post by davidcstuart » Wed Feb 09, 2005 3:12 pm

Is that possible? I know how to use the "Copy Rights Assignments", but is there a way to make it happen automatically? Also, does that affect Repository access? I thought it only did folder security rights. From what I understand, those are two separate things.
David C. Stuart
US Army Corps of Engineers

joshyeager

Post by joshyeager » Wed Feb 09, 2005 7:57 pm

Sorry, I was suggesting it to Dan as a possible way to implement your feature request. It was not meant as a workaround for you. :(

Josh