Local file update failed

This forum is now locked, since Gold Support is no longer offered.

Moderator: SourceGear

mlippert

Local file update failed

Post by mlippert » Wed Feb 16, 2005 5:05 pm

We've been seeing these messages on occasion. The one below I just got while doing a Get Latest starting at the 'Trunk" folder (in the repository path below).

I'm using Vault server and client 3.02 doing a get on a WinXP machine.

No process that I would have started would have been using the file listed below that failed (other than the Vault client doing the Get). Visual Studio was not running when I did that get (although, Codewright was, and is an SCC client, but I have never edited that particular file before, as opposed to many other files that I have edited that were gotten successfully).

This time there were 13 files with this error, all listed at the end of the transaction. A lot of files were listed as fetched successfully (I don't feel like counting them).

A subsequent "Get Latest" finished w/o any errors or getting any files, which implies this isn't a critical problem just a nuisance one.

Mike

[2/16/2005 5:49:57 PM] Local file update for $/MathcadClient/Trunk/usr/nlk/translator/a.hs failed: System.IO.IOException: The process cannot access the file "E:\Projects\Mathcad13\usr\nlk\translator\a.hs" because it is being used by another process.
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String str)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean useAsync, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize)
at System.IO.File.OpenFile(String path, FileAccess access, IntPtr& handle)
at System.IO.File.SetLastWriteTimeUtc(String path, DateTime lastWriteTimeUtc)
at System.IO.File.SetLastWriteTime(String path, DateTime lastWriteTime)
at VaultClientOperationsLib.WorkingFolder.UpdateWorkingFile(VaultClientFile file, Int64 targetVersion, Int64 displayVersion, MergeType merge, DateTime dt, Boolean makeBackups, OverwritePrompt PromptData)
at VaultClientOperationsLib.WorkingFolder.UpdateWorkingFile(VaultClientFile file, Int64 targetVersion, Int64 displayVersion, MergeType merge, DateTime dt, OverwritePrompt PromptData)
at VaultClientOperationsLib.UpdateThread.ProcessCommand(UpdateThreadCommand command, UpdateThreadCommandResult& outputResult)

dan

Post by dan » Wed Feb 16, 2005 7:51 pm

Hmmm. We had one other person report this, and thought it was strange since it was just a text file. Since this is the 2nd report now, it looks like there is something going on.

Unfortunately, I would guess it is intermittent. Question: Do you use CRCs to determine edited status? That may or may not be related...

I would suggest turning on all classes for client logging, and if it happens again, immediately save off the log and send it to us. Note that your log file will grow really huge if you turn all the classes on, so you may want to clear it out after each session so it stays a manageable size.

mlippert

Post by mlippert » Thu Feb 17, 2005 10:31 am

Hi Dan,
I've emailed you to see if there's anything else you need to know.

I am not using CRC's to determine edited status.

I know that Jeremy has told me how to turn on more client debugging, but could you refresh my memory? What do I change in what file?

Mike