Disappearing notifications

This forum is now locked, since gold support is no longer offered.

Moderator: SourceGear

meastman

Disappearing notifications

Post by meastman » Fri Feb 18, 2005 4:56 pm

I am running DragNet in Active Directory/Impersonation mode. Everything runs great, except email notifications never make it. The DragNet log lists:

EmailNotifyManager::EmailNotifyProc - ListSmtpOptions Login failed for user '<domain>\<machinename$>'.

The Security log on the machine reports a "success audit" indicating that the <domain>\<machinename$> account has successfully authenticated for each corresponding entry (as shown above) in the DragNet log.

The DragNet web server is Small Business Server 2K3 and is connecting to itself to send the emails.

I can open a command line while logged in to the domain controller as the account DragNet is using for impersonation, and manually send an email via a "telnet localhost 25" session, so I don't think there is any authorization problem.

The database server is using SQL credentials and is physically on a different server.

What am I doing wrong? Everything else working fine.

Thank you for your time.

-- michael

jclausius

Post by jclausius » Mon Feb 21, 2005 2:19 pm

Can you send me your Dragnet server log? Click either the email or private message button below to send me a message.
Jeff Clausius
SourceGear

meastman

Status update

Post by meastman » Thu Feb 24, 2005 10:38 am

OK, here's an update and some progress:

I needed to allow the Vault web server the ability to relay to the Exchange Server (it was set up to filter by IP address from w/in Exchange).

But now I get the more informative, fairly common error:

2005-02-24 08:25:52.665 EmailNotifyManager::EmailNotifyProc - ListSmtpOptions Login failed for user '(null)'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection.

My puzzlement comes in the fact that this trusted connection error only shows up when Dragnet attempts to send emails -- everything else works fine.

Does the code that sends emails (EmailNotifyManager) not run in Impersonation Mode like the rest of the app?

-- michael

jclausius

Post by jclausius » Thu Feb 24, 2005 11:37 am

Michael:

We've fixed a problem where the email notification thread was running under the incorrect security context. Since you're running with identity impersonation for web.config, the problem is encountered.

One option is to use SQL Server authentication for the database connection for Dragnet. If you want to go down a different path, contact me using the email button below - I have an unreleased build of Dragnet which addresses this problem.
Jeff Clausius
SourceGear