Switch to CRC mode

This forum is now locked, since Gold Support is no longer offered.

Moderator: SourceGear

asills

Switch to CRC mode

Post by asills » Tue Feb 22, 2005 1:29 pm

Okay, so after some use and some problems with Vault not noticing some of our files changed (because of some weirdness with modification times) we're switching to use the CRC check.

When selecting that option it tells me that I need to create a new working directory and get latest so Vault has all of that info. I don't want to do that nor do I want everyone here to do that, so what can I do instead? Would a simple get on the root work?

dan

Post by dan » Tue Feb 22, 2005 3:50 pm

You don't strickly have to create a new working folder - it is just that Vault won't actually use CRC checks until a file is downloaded from the server, which would only happen the next time a new version is created on the server.

To say this in another way, you can safely continue on with your existing working folders, but any problems you have with modification times not being quite right won't be corrected until a new file is downloaded...

asills

Post by asills » Tue Feb 22, 2005 3:58 pm

Really what I was getting at was can I delete the Vault Application Data folder, or something similar to force it to update.

dan

Post by dan » Tue Feb 22, 2005 4:17 pm

If you delete the application data, you will lose all your working folder associations and other client state info, but after you re-associate them all and do a Get, it should fine after that.

See http://support.sourcegear.com/viewtopic.php?t=6 for a list of cache files and what they contain, so you will know what info will be lost if you delete them.

asills

Post by asills » Tue Feb 22, 2005 4:58 pm

Thanks, as a rule here we don't specify working folders other than the root (we have a strict working directory structure) so it's no big deal to do that.