Automatically log in using this profile is disabled in IDE

This forum is now locked, since Gold Support is no longer offered.

Moderator: SourceGear

ROTRTechTeam

Automatically log in using this profile is disabled in IDE

Post by ROTRTechTeam » Sat Feb 26, 2005 11:49 pm

I use VB 6 with Vault 3.0 integrated. When I open my project, first it takes a very long time (more than 1 or 2 minutes) for the connection to be made to the Vault, but then it always shows me a login box. I am unable to select "automatically log in using this profile" because it is greyed out. Any ideas on why it takes so long to load and why that box is greyed out?

Mike

dan

Post by dan » Mon Feb 28, 2005 8:24 am

Not sure why it takes so long - do you get the same behavior in the GUI client? Also, is the one or two minutes before or after the login dialog comes up? If it is before, it likely isn't Vault, since connection time for Vault takes places after choose the login credentials.

See http://support.sourcegear.com/viewtopic.php?t=2474 for how to automatically connect in VB6

ROTRTechTeam

Post by ROTRTechTeam » Mon Feb 28, 2005 8:28 am

Dan,

I found that article after I posted my question and that seems to fix the automatic login feature. However, to answer your question about the time it takes, it takes about 30 seconds to a minute to get to the login screen and another 30 seconds to a minute to get into the IDE after the login.

Thanks!

Mike