Vault task for CruiseControl.NET

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

jeffrey.schoolcraft

Vault task for CruiseControl.NET

Post by jeffrey.schoolcraft » Tue Jan 11, 2005 8:46 am

With true configuration (MODIFIED replaced to protect the innocent) we get the following error.

ThoughtWorks.CruiseControl.Core.CruiseControlException: Source control operation failed: . Process command: c:\program files\sourcegear\vault client\vault.exe history "$/src/MODIFIED" -host "MODIFIED" -user "MODIFIED" -password "MODIFIED" -repository "MODIFIED" -rowlimit 0
at ThoughtWorks.CruiseControl.Core.Sourcecontrol.ProcessSourceControl.Execute(ProcessInfo processInfo) in d:\sourceforge\ccnet\project\core\sourcecontrol\ProcessSourceControl.cs:line 53
at ThoughtWorks.CruiseControl.Core.Sourcecontrol.ProcessSourceControl.GetModifications(ProcessInfo info, DateTime from, DateTime to) in d:\sourceforge\ccnet\project\core\sourcecontrol\ProcessSourceControl.cs:line 38
at ThoughtWorks.CruiseControl.Core.Sourcecontrol.Vault.GetModifications(DateTime from, DateTime to) in d:\sourceforge\ccnet\project\core\sourcecontrol\Vault.cs:line 56
at ThoughtWorks.CruiseControl.Core.Project.GetSourceModifications(IIntegrationResult result) in d:\sourceforge\ccnet\project\core\Project.cs:line 185
at ThoughtWorks.CruiseControl.Core.Project.AttemptToRunIntegration(IIntegrationResult result) in d:\sourceforge\ccnet\project\core\Project.cs:line 163

jclausius

Post by jclausius » Tue Jan 11, 2005 12:08 pm

The stack trace is that of Cruise Control.Net, so I'm not sure how much help we can be.

Have you tried

Code: Select all

vault.exe history "$/src/MODIFIED" -host "MODIFIED" -user "MODIFIED" -password "MODIFIED" -repository "MODIFIED" -rowlimit 0
from a command line? Does that give any indication of a problem?
Jeff Clausius
SourceGear

icnocop

Post by icnocop » Mon Feb 28, 2005 9:48 am

I have already reported this issue to the CruiseControl team. The repository path should be the last argument in the command line.

mroberts

Post by mroberts » Mon Feb 28, 2005 2:18 pm

I don't have any versions of Vault setup locally - please can someone confirm or deny whether moving the folder specification to the end of the history call would break Vault pre-version 2 installs? I'm just a bit concerned since we haven't heard of this problem before in CruiseControl.NET

Mike Roberts (CruiseControl.NET lead)

jclausius

Post by jclausius » Mon Feb 28, 2005 2:29 pm

FWIW, I just tested this on Vault 3.0.3

vault history $/project -host myserver -user jeffclausius -password somepass -repository "My Repository" -rowlimit 0
produces the same results as:

vault history -host myserver -user jeffclausius -password somepass -repository "My Repository" -rowlimit 0 $/project
... would break Vault pre-version 2 installs
What version of Vault is this reported against?
Jeff Clausius
SourceGear

mroberts

Post by mroberts » Mon Feb 28, 2005 5:15 pm

I've been told that putting the Folder specification at the end is required for 2.0.6 .

Sorry for the confusion about 'pre version 2' - that was my fault - I thought that version 2 was the new version, not version 3.

If putting the Folder at the end is the 'most correct' thing for versions 2 & 3 I'll make the change to CCNet.

Mike

jclausius

Post by jclausius » Mon Feb 28, 2005 5:24 pm

Actually, I would think it would be "more correct" if the repository path came after the word history in the command.

vault HISTORY $/PATH/GOES/HERE ...
Jeff Clausius
SourceGear

mroberts

Post by mroberts » Mon Feb 28, 2005 6:07 pm

That's what we currently do, specifically:

history (folder) -host (host) -user (user) -password (password) -repository (repository) -rowlimit 0

The user states that this does not work with 2.0.6 but that the following does:

history -host (host) -user (user) -password (password) -repository (repository) -rowlimit 0 (folder)

I'm confused now because you are saying that what we already do in CruiseControl.NET is right. Are you able to confirm that 2.0.6 has different behaviour?

Thanks,

Mike

jclausius

Post by jclausius » Mon Feb 28, 2005 9:02 pm

Off the top of my head, I really don't believe it matters, as I don't think this section has changed much in Vault 3.0.x. I'm confused as well, as I don't really see why someone would indicate to CruiseControl.Net that this was a bug.

If you're looking at Vault 2.0.6, I can double check a history query in a test environment.
Jeff Clausius
SourceGear

jclausius

Post by jclausius » Mon Feb 28, 2005 9:35 pm

I just checked this in Vault 2.0.6. All three provided the same results:

vault HISTORY $/a -server localhost -user my_user -password my_pass -repository "test repository" -rowlimit 0

vault HISTORY -server localhost -user my_user -password my_pass -repository "test repository" $/a -rowlimit 0

vault HISTORY -server localhost -user my_user -password my_pass  -repository "test repository" -rowlimit 0 $/a
As I previously mentioned, HISTORY <REPOSITORY_PATH> seems to make the most logical sense, since it is pairing together the repository path and vault command which are adjacent within the command.
Jeff Clausius
SourceGear

mroberts

Post by mroberts » Mon Feb 28, 2005 11:10 pm

OK - many thanks Jeff. I'll leave CruiseControl.NET as it is then and I'll assume there must be some other problem.

Mike