Feature request: Allow more customisation of Recent Items

If you are having a problem using Dragnet, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

Charles Monk

Feature request: Allow more customisation of Recent Items

Post by Charles Monk » Wed Mar 09, 2005 4:34 am

Personally, I find the Recent Items page to be bewildering and pretty much useless as a way of getting a quick overview of what's been happening in the project. I just want to see "what's new?", and I can't readily discern the aswer from three separate lists (usually going off the page), with the same items appearing in different places in more than one list.

It was the same in SOSCE, so I was delighted to notice the "Customize" button on this page in Dragnet. Alas, it seems that it only lets us select which columns to display.

I'd like to be able to customise the whole page layout so that I get:-
1) a single list of all recently added/modified/commented bugs
2) a setting controlling how many to show
3) a choice about whether to rank them by date or by priority, etc.

It would be especially useful to have some indication of which items have changed since I last looked at them, but I realise that would involve some changes to the database, rather than just the web pages.

mskrobul

Post by mskrobul » Wed Mar 09, 2005 9:14 am

2) a setting controlling how many to show
You can currently set the number of rows displayed for each table from the cusomize page for the Recent Items view. The default is 8 rows for each table (Additions, Updates, Comments), but you can change that value from the customize page. Are you asking for something different here?

I will add your reqests for customizing the Recent Items page to our feature request list. Thanks for the input :)
Mary Jo Skrobul
SourceGear