Vault Client Installation Error

This forum is now locked, since Gold Support is no longer offered.

Moderator: SourceGear

ISBE

Vault Client Installation Error

Post by ISBE » Fri Mar 11, 2005 2:35 pm

OOPs no bitmaps.

Attached is an error message that appears in two Vault Client installation attempts on two machines.

The first instance involved an update from 2.0.3 to 3.0.2. OS is Windows XP and framework 1.1. Vault Client was uninstalled and re-installed without success.

The second instance involved a new installation of Vault Client 3.0.2.

The Vault Server and Admin Tool are version 3.0.2.

Could you tell me what is wrong with these machines. Installations on three other machines (before the two in question) were successful.
Attachments
VaultClientError.JPG
VaultClientError.JPG (25.63 KiB) Viewed 6208 times

mskrobul

Post by mskrobul » Fri Mar 11, 2005 3:06 pm

It is difficult to say what is going on. I don't know that I have any problems like this with the client installer.

At what point during the client install do you get this error message?

Are there any errors logged to the event viewer? Is there any virus software or anything else running on those machines that could be preventing the install?

Are you logged in to the machine as a user with enough permissions to perform an install?

Do you have more than one version of the .NET framwork installed on those machines?
Mary Jo Skrobul
SourceGear

ISBE

Post by ISBE » Fri Mar 11, 2005 3:28 pm

I'm sorry. I wasn't clear. The installation proceeds without incident. We get this message when tring to run the Vault Client.

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Fri Mar 11, 2005 3:51 pm

OK, so the installation isn't the problem.

This is happening both with Vault client installed as an upgrade and also with the client installed on a fresh machine. Anything different about these two machines? Was the person installing logged in as Admin?

What version of the .NET framework is on these machines?

At what point do you get the exception -- when the client is launched; logging in, etc?

Are there any errors logged to the event viewer?
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

ISBE

Post by ISBE » Mon Mar 14, 2005 7:55 am

On both machines, the error occurs when launching the application and appears before the Login screen. On one machine, the Admin Tool functions without incident. The other machine only has the Client installation only. Both installations were under the admin account and Windows XP SP1 and Framework 1.0 and 1.1.

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Mon Mar 14, 2005 8:57 am

You could try deleting the FormMain entry in this registry key:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SourceGear\Vault\Client\Settings.

Another thing to try would be to uninstall the Vault Client, reinstall .NET Framework and then reinstall the client.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager