Upgraded to vault 305 now can not open from source control.

This forum is now locked, since Gold Support is no longer offered.

Moderator: SourceGear

Locked
Jim
Posts: 33
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 9:59 am

Upgraded to vault 305 now can not open from source control.

Post by Jim » Mon Mar 14, 2005 5:09 am

We have just completed an upgrade from vault 2.0.7 to 3.0.5 and have a problem with the users that still use the client integration with visual studio 2003.

When doing a file/open from source control the solutions that are bound to source control from within VS no longer open correctly.

An error arrives for each of the projects to be loaded - stating "unable to read the project file "projectname.csproj". The system cannot find the file specified". Then another error appears stating : "An error occured while loading the project file. Cause: An error occured while parsing the XML Document. Details C:\pathnamehere\UserServices.etp. Line:0 Reason the system cannot locate the resource specified"

After clicking through each of these projects the solution is loaded but all of the project files are unavailable. Closing VS and then looking at the disk only the solution file and the MSSCPRJ.SCC file are present on the disk.

I then did a get latest from the GUI into the same directory and tried a file / open from source control again and this time VS complains :

"the binding information for project dependencies could not be retrieved from its source control provider. This project may have been placed under source control with a different provider configuration from the current one
To keep source control working for this project, visual studio will now check out the project file so that the binding information can be saved in it. However if the checkout fails and the project is closed without saving the next time it is opened it will appear no longer to be under source control".

It then does not do the said checkout and openening the solution again one project is invalid and all checked out and the others appear not to be under source control.

Any ideas how to get the open from source control to work with the new client ?

thanks
jim

dan
Posts: 2448
Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2003 5:03 pm
Location: SourceGear
Contact:

Post by dan » Mon Mar 14, 2005 8:39 am

Is it possible that Vault is not the default source control provider anymore for these clients? (The error message indicates that might be the problem). You can check by looking at the Vault GUI client Tools->Options screen.

In any case, this is not an error we've seen before. I'd suggest turning on IDE logging at http://support.sourcegear.com/viewtopic.php?t=2898 and sending me the log that gets generated. I will probably also need more info about the specific project being loaded.

Jim
Posts: 33
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 9:59 am

Post by Jim » Mon Mar 14, 2005 9:48 am

I checked the options and vault is still the default provider.

Ive attached the log that was generated when I turned on logging and also the solution file that we are trying to look at. If you let me know what else you need I'll try and dig it out.

(Worked it out now, renamed attachments to .txt)

thanks
Attachments
VaultIDELog.Txt
log file
(2.83 KiB) Downloaded 492 times
SLN_UPD.txt
Solution file (renamed to txt)
(4.98 KiB) Downloaded 493 times

dan
Posts: 2448
Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2003 5:03 pm
Location: SourceGear
Contact:

Post by dan » Mon Mar 14, 2005 12:55 pm

Jim,

I sent email to you separately on this - if you didn't get it, email me using the button below. I'll need more specific info to debug this properly.

Thanks,

Locked