Unspecified Error while checking in the Vault 2.0 VS.NET IDE

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

andrew00

Unspecified Error while checking in the Vault 2.0 VS.NET IDE

Post by andrew00 » Wed Feb 18, 2004 10:24 pm

Whenever I try to do a folder checking, I get an unspecified error, and it tells me some filed couldn't be added to source control, because a file by that name already exists. That's wierd, because I'm never adding new files, just saving old ones.

This happen to anyone?

dan

Post by dan » Thu Feb 19, 2004 8:18 am

Do you have a File Add operation in your pending change set that keeps failing, and when you checkin, it gets automatically included?

andrew00

I see why this is happening

Post by andrew00 » Sun Mar 07, 2004 12:14 am

The unspecified error occurs whenever there's a project in my solution that ISN'T bound to source control. So my solutions might have:

\Proj1
\Proj2
\Proj3

All bound to source control in Vault. And then, I add a quick Console app to test something. When I do a checkin at the solution level, I get the unspecified error.

dan

Post by dan » Sun Mar 07, 2004 6:06 pm

If the projects that are unbound are still in a Vault folder where VS.Net placed them, and then you tried to add a project of the same name (or those same projects) back into Vault (instead of binding them to their existing locations), then yes, you would have gotten an error that there is a file of the same name already there.