Resolve merge status prompt after merge with Araxis

This forum is now locked, since Gold Support is no longer offered.

Moderator: SourceGear

wesuser

Resolve merge status prompt after merge with Araxis

Post by wesuser » Tue Mar 15, 2005 2:05 pm

When I'm done merging a file with Araxis during checkin, Vault doesn't prompt me afterwards on whether I'd like to resolve the merge status like it does when I use the built-in merge tool.

I can manually select to resolve the merge status, but a prompt would be better as we would like to discourage people from manually setting the resolve status without going through the merge. In fact, it would be ideal if there was a way to not allow them to resolve the merge status unless they at least launch the merge first.

Is this a Vault issue or is there something that Araxis is/isn't doing to notify Vault that the file is saved?

Thanks.

Vault 3.0.2 (2812)

dan

Post by dan » Tue Mar 15, 2005 2:36 pm

This was a safety measure on our part, so that the Resolve Merge dialog comes up exactly when we know it will. We know we can bring it up after sgdm exits its process, but we weren't convinced that other merge tools would behave exactly the same way, so we decided to not put the prompt in for other merge tools.

mlippert

Post by mlippert » Tue Mar 15, 2005 4:27 pm

Thanks, I actually had the same question while I was testing Guiffy and not seeing the resolve dialog after doing a merge. It's nice to know why I'm not seeing the dialog.

Mike