Backup Directory

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

ZackJones

Backup Directory

Post by ZackJones » Mon Mar 08, 2004 6:46 am

Greetings,

I've searched the forum and didn't see this topic covered. Is it possible to specify the location of the _sgbak directories? Assuming there isn't is it safe to go in and clean it out every so often?

For example, I have 15 different copies of one particular file in the _sgbak folder. What would happen if I deleted the 14 older versions?

My main reason for asking is my weekly wwwroot backup to CD now takes more than one CD unless I use compression and I would prefer not to have to do that :)

Thanks in advance for any hints or tips on managing the _sgbak folders.

Oh, FWIW, I'm using verion 2.0.0 under Windows 2003 server with VS.NET 2003.

Zack

dan

Post by dan » Mon Mar 08, 2004 8:40 am

Yes, you can clear out the _sgbak folders anytime you want (unlike the _sgvault folders, which keep state info). _sgbak is only there to backup files that have been modified, or were unknown, prior to Vault overwriting them. The files get put into _sgbak so that if a Get overwrites files you didn't want overwritten (if you had the "overwrite" option set), you can manually restore them.

Potimus

Automatically Delete of BackUp Folder

Post by Potimus » Tue Mar 09, 2004 1:50 pm

Is there a way to automatically delete the contents of the _sgbak folder after a specified number of days? To avoid it getting so full?

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Wed Mar 10, 2004 8:55 am

There's no automatic way to do this in Vault. I'll add your suggestion to our Vault feature request database.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager