Different paths on developer machines

This forum is now locked, since Gold Support is no longer offered.

Moderator: SourceGear

ROTRTechTeam

Different paths on developer machines

Post by ROTRTechTeam » Wed Mar 23, 2005 11:33 pm

I am wondering about something I noticed. I use VB6 and do alot of checking in and out of files from within the IDE for VB. Recently I've started working with another developer. The path to my System32 directory is ..\Windows\System32 and their's is ..\WINNT\System32.

I noticed that if I check out the project file from within VB6, the paths are not corrected, but if I check out the project file from within SourceGear Vault GUI, it seems the paths are rectified (when I check it out, they are my paths and when he checks it out, they are his paths). Is there a way to make this happen within the VB IDE as well? Is this normal behavior?

Thanks!

Mike

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Thu Mar 24, 2005 9:37 am

You're referring to the path listed in the "Reference" item in the vbp file.

I was able to reproduce this, somewhat. I did note that even though the vbp file showed the incorrect path (\Windows\System32) after checking out on the Win2000 machine (whose path is \WINNT\System32), the vbp file had the correct path after changes were made to the project and the vbp file was checked back in on the Win2000 machine.

Is this causing problems for the two of you working on the same project?
If so, send me steps to reproduce, and we'll try to determine exactly what's going on.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

ROTRTechTeam

Post by ROTRTechTeam » Thu Mar 24, 2005 1:55 pm

Linda,

Thanks for the response. The exact scenario:

The XP pro machine (mine) had the project file (.vbp) and checked it in. The Win2k machine (the other developer) checked the project file (.vbp) out. When they were done, they checked the project file (.vbp) back in. I then did a get latest because they had added some forms. Upon running the project through the IDE, I got errors loading forms due to invalid references. Upon closer inspection, I noticed the reference issue, so I checked out the .VBP file in VB IDE, but the problem persisted. I then undid the checkout and went to the Vault GUI and checked out the .VBP file and the problem went away.

Hope that helps!

Mike

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Thu Mar 24, 2005 2:55 pm

Were all these steps done within integration with VB or were any of the gets or checkouts done with the GUI client?
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

ROTRTechTeam

Post by ROTRTechTeam » Thu Mar 24, 2005 8:20 pm

The Win2k machine checked in and out the files using the Vault. My XP machine used the VB IDE to do the GET and the Vault to do the checkout.

Mike