Issue on Setup of Dragnet (1.0.3)

This forum is now locked, since gold support is no longer offered.

Moderator: SourceGear

rcwalden

Issue on Setup of Dragnet (1.0.3)

Post by rcwalden » Tue Apr 05, 2005 9:05 pm

When I am setting up Dragnet after installation and enabling Vault authentication, when I specify the URL, it is appending the /VaultService to it. When we installed Vault, it is in the root of wwwroot and then we setup a dedicated, internal URL to access it, where the home directory is ../Inetput/wwwroot/vaultservice.

I have it defaulted to localhost for the moment (they are both on the same web server). However, we are planning on seperating the two sometime in the near future. Can we make the change so that Dragnet doesn't append the /VaultService to the URL?

Thanks,

Richard Walden

jclausius

Post by jclausius » Wed Apr 06, 2005 8:11 am

I'm not sure I completely understand your question as the VaultService name is an IIS Virtual Directory name, not a physical path.

Configuration for Dragnet's location of the Vault server for authentication can be found in the Dragnet Setup. This is just a URL (http://server/vaultservice), which can be modified to point to the correct Vault server for authentication.

Does this information help?
Jeff Clausius
SourceGear

rcwalden

Post by rcwalden » Wed Apr 06, 2005 5:09 pm

Not exactly. When we setup the URL for Vault, we just called it vault.brierley.com. The physical path maps to e:\inetpub\wwwroot\vaultservice, so there is no need to append the VaultService to the end of the URL.

However, in dragnet, when I enter the URL for the Vault service, it automatically appends the VaultService portion to my URL, which in our case, isn't necessary.

Does that make sense?

jclausius

Post by jclausius » Wed Apr 06, 2005 7:25 pm

When Vault is installed, it will install under the VaultService virtual directory.

So once Vault is installed on the vault.brierley.com machine, you would use http://vault.brierley.com/vaultservice as the URL within Dragnet.

Perhaps you are asking if the vaultservice virtual directory name is required on the end of the url? In the case of Vault authentication, you will need the machine name as well as the vaultservice virtual directory name.
Jeff Clausius
SourceGear

rcwalden

Post by rcwalden » Thu Apr 07, 2005 12:08 pm

When we created the web site, we mapped it to the Vault Service directory, thus, we don't need to append VaultService virtual directory to it. For example, to access the VaultWeb/Login.aspx, we would go to vault.brierley.com/vaultweb/login.aspx, not server/vaultservice/vaultweb/login.aspx. I guess to make the point, vault.brierley.com maps to server/vaultservice, thus forcing Dragnet to append the vaultservice directory, in our instance, doesn't make since. Am I making sense??

jclausius

Post by jclausius » Thu Apr 07, 2005 12:18 pm

I see.

Have you tried to log in to Vault with the GUI client with this configuration?
Jeff Clausius
SourceGear

rcwalden

Post by rcwalden » Thu Apr 07, 2005 12:29 pm

The vault GUI client only asks for the internal server, thus it does refer to it as server/vaultservice.

However, based on my other thread about how I would like to deploy Dragnet and Vault, if we do have to push Dragnet out to be accessable to the public, then we wouldn't be able to use the server/vaultservice structure anyway, since the internal server wouldn't not be directly accessable, we would have to use the dragnet.brierley.com.

I don't know if I am making sense or not (it is one of those days for me anyway).

jclausius

Post by jclausius » Thu Apr 07, 2005 12:44 pm

If you want to allow for Vault authentication for some users, you will have to allow traffic from the Dragnet server to reach the Vault server.

Unfortunately, the Dragnet web application will postfix VaultService. You'll have to make vault.brierly.com/VaultService available from Dragnet if you want to use the Vault server for authentication.

There might be a work around for this, you can notify me by clicking the PM or email buttons below.
Jeff Clausius
SourceGear