Categories and moving item from one project to another

This forum is now locked, since gold support is no longer offered.

Moderator: SourceGear

ROTRTechTeam

Categories and moving item from one project to another

Post by ROTRTechTeam » Thu Apr 07, 2005 12:09 am

In our environment, we want the department managers to be able to submit their tech needs via Dragnet. As the IT Director, I want to see each of these tasks and assign them to the appropriate project. What I've done is create a project called "Unprocesed requests" and enabled external submission on this project only. I then go into this project and move items from there into the project it belongs in. My first problem is that the categories seem to only be related to an individual project. Thus, when I move an item from the "Unprocessed" to an actual project, I lose the category and need to go back and edit the item to add back the category. This brings me to:

Question: Is there any way to share the categories between the projects and if not, is there a way to make sure the category remains when moving from one project to another?

Thanks!

Mike

jclausius

Post by jclausius » Thu Apr 07, 2005 7:34 am

Mike:

Categories and Milestone are currently project specific, so when they are moved, these values are reset.

I'll log a Request for Enhancement to create "system-wide" categories which will move across projects.

Thanks for the feedback.
Jeff Clausius
SourceGear