default.aspx looks fine; Default.aspx has display problems

If you are having a problem using Dragnet, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

perry

default.aspx looks fine; Default.aspx has display problems

Post by perry » Sat Apr 02, 2005 2:56 pm

When I first connect, the home page shows all projects with all milestones, and they all display fine.

https://ourserver/Dragnet/default.aspx

However, if I click on "Server Home" (at the top), then I see approximately the same page, but with some milestones hidden and a scrollbar on the right hand side, inside the HTML page.

https://ourserver/Dragnet/Default.aspx

Why is default.aspx showing up like HTML (scroll the web browser, as normal for web), and Default.aspx hiding some of the milestones and showing this internal scrollbar?

From my view as a user, it reminds me of a typical poor design with table
layout, by designers working to some particular font, browser, and screen
combination, when on Default.aspx. But, default.aspx doesn't seem like that.

However, looking at the HTML source, I don't see any tables with hardcoded sizes in them, so I don't really think it is due to bad design using table layout. Its really not obvious to me what the problem is.

Are Default.aspx and default.aspx really different pages that look almost
the same, except for this scrolling problem in the former?

The server runs on a Microsoft Windows platform, so that seems unlikely.

So, I find this a bit confusing.

Browser is FireFox 1.0.1

About box from web page says

SourceGear Dragnet
Version 1.0.2.1197

perry

Can this post be moved?

Post by perry » Sat Apr 02, 2005 3:02 pm

Is it possible to move this post to a dragnet forum, where it belongs?

jeremy_sg

Post by jeremy_sg » Sat Apr 02, 2005 5:09 pm

I've moved the topic. I can't check on your problem until I get into the office on Monday, though.

perry

Thanks for relocating post correctly

Post by perry » Sat Apr 02, 2005 5:24 pm

Thanks for relocating this thread to the correct forum.

Perry

item details has similar bug

Post by Perry » Sat Apr 02, 2005 5:34 pm

I just ran into a possibly related bug.

I drilled into a particular item, and scrolled down to the bottom, and couldn't read it all -- and realized there was a nested scrollbar to the right of the actual item text.

I hit F5, and the nested scrollbar vanished, and now scrolling the web page works as you would expect (you can scroll from the top to the bottom of the item).

Perry

hitting this more

Post by Perry » Sun Apr 03, 2005 12:26 pm

On another machine, I'm getting the double vertical scrollbars all the time now, looking at an item that I have that is illegible (because I put in html and checked html, and dragnet isn't rendering the html, but instead displaying html tags & whitespace -- so now the item is nearly illegible with scrollbars).

And pushing F5 is not making the double vertical scrollbars go away on this one :(

Perry

more info

Post by Perry » Thu Apr 07, 2005 11:44 am

I'm sometimes seeing this happen at the server level -- the page that lists the different projects available. I see scrollbars inside the page, and when I hit F5 (refresh), they go away.

mskrobul

Post by mskrobul » Thu Apr 07, 2005 12:24 pm

Default.aspx and default.aspx are the same page.

Is this behavior specific to Firefox or does it happen in IE also?

Dragnet's style sheet contains "overflow: auto" for the section of the page you are talking about so the browser displays the scrollbars as needed. Different browsers handle this differently.

The scrollbars should only appear as needed. On pages where horizontal content is wider the scrollbars will appear. Scrollbars will always appear on some pages with wide tables, such as batch edit. And, depending on your screen size, on some pages they will probably never appear.

If you make the width of the browser window smaller, scroll bars will appear on for some pages. It is possible the browser is caching the default.aspx page with scrollbars and when you refresh the page they go away.
Mary Jo Skrobul
SourceGear

Perry

Post by Perry » Thu Apr 07, 2005 2:26 pm

I went and tried using the site with Internet Explorer, as you asked above:

The server home page does not show scrollbars with Internet Explorer.

My one test item I'm using now does show both internal scrollbars with Internet Explorer (I mean in addition to the regular browser vertical scrollbar) -- two internal scrollbars as I've described above & elsewhere.

But, still with Internet Explorer, pushing F5 does not make them go away.

I've also just done a little more testing with FireFox:

On that server home page, pushing F5 repeatedly toggles back & forth between having or not having internal scrollbars. If I don't have them, pushing F5 makes them appear, and vice-versa.

mskrobul

Post by mskrobul » Thu Apr 07, 2005 2:46 pm

That is wierd.

I don't see this happening with FireFox or IE (the toggling of the scrollbars).

What size is your screen? What is your screen resolution? What version of the .NET framework is running on the dragnet server machine?
Mary Jo Skrobul
SourceGear

Perry

answers to questions

Post by Perry » Fri Apr 08, 2005 6:39 pm

> What size is your screen?

? I would say 1280x1024, but you asked that below -- what do you mean here?

> What is your screen resolution?
1280x1024

> What version of the .NET framework is running on the dragnet server machine?

I'm not sure how to find that out?

Anyway, probably more importantly than any of that, is that I'm using Large Fonts -- the default size of Large Fonts, which is 120 DPI/125%.