Checkout of Branch on VS.Net web project

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

jnapier

Checkout of Branch on VS.Net web project

Post by jnapier » Thu Mar 11, 2004 3:12 am

I branched a vs.net solution which contained a c# web project. When I got the branch from source control, everthing appeared to be fine. I edited an aspx file and all went well. What I didn't realize was that I was editing the trunk version.

I cheked out the .sln file and found this
SccProjectName2 = $/WebSolutions/NGSolutions/VaultDemoSolution/RemoteNet.Web.Northrop.VaultDemo
This points to the web project in the trunk. This is the only project that this type of reference exits for. Is there anyway to get around this besides editing the .sln file? This could cause major problems if the user wasn't aware of this. Luckily I was only working on a test solution.

jeremy_sg

Post by jeremy_sg » Thu Mar 11, 2004 6:40 am

There's a knowledge base article on this at http://support.sourcegear.com/viewtopic.php?t=194

jnapier

Post by jnapier » Thu Mar 11, 2004 2:50 pm

This doesn't work as described in the knowledge base article. There are two problems.

1. When unbinding the solution, I have to unbind all projects except for the web project. It won't let me just unbind the solutiuon.

2. When selecting the appropriate project in Vault when rebinding, the selected folder gives me the wrong path.

In the vault explorer, I select $/Releases/WebSolution/ and the choose folder box says $/Releases/WebSolution/Websolution.

It doesn't matter what folder I choose, WebSolution is always appended to the end. Theres no way I can bind to the correct project.