Use API or CLC to get history files by comment string

This forum is now locked, since Gold Support is no longer offered.

Moderator: SourceGear

realtytrac

Use API or CLC to get history files by comment string

Post by realtytrac » Wed Jun 15, 2005 2:18 pm

We want to integrate Vault with a version release system by retrieving files with specific comment text. I see the CLC has the HISTORY command to retrieve file versions with various filters but I don't see anything limiting by comment text like in the Vault client gui. This this possible to do without reading through all the check-ins?

Thanks

Jeff

jeremy_sg

Post by jeremy_sg » Wed Jun 15, 2005 2:30 pm

We don't have anything like what you're asking for in the CLC, but you could use the Sample History Query at http://support.sourcegear.com/viewtopic.php?t=450 to customise to your needs. You could also add the feature to the CLC by using the CLC source code which is installed with the VaultClientAPI installer.

realtytrac

Build error on the HistoryQuery sample

Post by realtytrac » Thu Jun 16, 2005 9:33 am

When running the sample, I'm getting a file not found error for VaultPresentationLib on the line:

ResourceManager rm = new ResourceManager("VaultClientPresentationLib.Resources.HistoryExplorerStrings", Assembly.Load("VaultPresentationLib"));

I have the vault client installed on the machine I am testing from.

jeremy_sg

Post by jeremy_sg » Thu Jun 16, 2005 9:36 am

You may need to copy the VaultPresentationLib from the VaultGUIClient directory to the bin directory of your sample.