Changing Repository from within Visual Studio 2003

This forum is now locked, since Gold Support is no longer offered.

Moderator: SourceGear

djMax

Changing Repository from within Visual Studio 2003

Post by djMax » Tue Jul 05, 2005 11:27 am

Is there any way to change the repository your project is working with from within Visual Studio 2003? Occasionally, when my Vault session dies, I end up picking the wrong repository when reconnecting to the server; it seems like my only option to fix this is to wait for the session to time out again. Is there a way to force this change?

ZackJones

Re: Changing Repository from within Visual Studio 2003

Post by ZackJones » Wed Jul 06, 2005 4:27 am

djMax wrote:Is there any way to change the repository your project is working with from within Visual Studio 2003? Occasionally, when my Vault session dies, I end up picking the wrong repository when reconnecting to the server; it seems like my only option to fix this is to wait for the session to time out again. Is there a way to force this change?
I've seen this a time or two and it's very frustrating isn't it. What I usually do is either exit and restart Visual Studio. If that doesn't do the trick I exit Visual Studio, launch the vault client and select the proper repository and then restart Visual Studio.

Tonya

Post by Tonya » Wed Jul 06, 2005 3:10 pm

The easiest way around this problem is to close the solution and reopen it. After you reopen the solution, Visual Studio should use the correct repository.

I have logged this as an issue to be fixed. The Choose Repository dialog on the reconnect shouldn't appear since you already have a solution opened that is attached to a repository.

Tonya Nunn
SourceGear Support