Unable to "unset" working folder

This forum is now locked, since Gold Support is no longer offered.

Moderator: SourceGear

DarrenS

Unable to "unset" working folder

Post by DarrenS » Wed Mar 17, 2004 4:59 pm

Is this the first post ever to this particular forum?

I am trying to clear the working folder for a folder in my tree, from within the GUI client. I tried to follow the instructions in the help file but they don't match reality -
Unset Working Folder
To Unset a working folder, select the folder and click on Set Working Folder. In the Add new folder box, delete the folder name. Click OK to unset the working folder.

There is no "add new folder box". When I delete the folder name from the box that is there, the "OK" button is grayed out so I can't apply the change.

This is annoying because I want the working folders to be inherited all the way down the tree.

jclausius

Post by jclausius » Wed Mar 17, 2004 5:09 pm

darren:

can i assume you're using windows 2003 server?

there is an issue with the .net provided "browse" dialog box under windows 2003 server. since .net handles this dialog differently in windows 2000, windows xp, and windows 2003 server, we will be replacing this dialog in a near future version of vault in order to achieve some consistency.

IN THE MEANTIME, you can run the vault command line client to UNSETWORKINGFOLDER.

for example to view your working folders:

vault LISTWORKINGFOLDERS -server "some_server_name" -user username -password somepassword -repository "your repository"

to remove the folder:

vault UNSETWORKINGFOLDER "$/repository path/to folder/to unset" -server "some_server_name" -user username -password somepassword -repository "your repository"

sorry for the inconvenience.
Jeff Clausius
SourceGear

DarrenS

Post by DarrenS » Wed Mar 17, 2004 5:10 pm

Bullseye! Thanks...and thanks for the incredibly quick response.

DarrenS

Post by DarrenS » Wed Mar 17, 2004 5:14 pm

I found another workaround without resorting to the command line client.

In the dialog that pops up, if you set the working folder to something totally invalid, by selecting "my network places" for example, it has the effect of unsetting the working folder. It will then revert to whatever it inherits from the parent.

dan

Post by dan » Wed Mar 17, 2004 5:27 pm

DarrenS wrote:Bullseye! Thanks...and thanks for the incredibly quick response.
That's what Gold support is for :)