Client Issue

This forum is now locked, since Gold Support is no longer offered.

Moderator: SourceGear

Thalko

Client Issue

Post by Thalko » Wed Aug 31, 2005 9:05 am

I have a user that appears to be connecting to the vault server with the client, but when he does he does not see any recent changes that were committed to the server by other people. Also when he does do a checkout/modify/check-in, everything appears to be successful and when he views the latest version in vault, his changes are there, but nobody else sees his changes. Is there some kind of scenario where the vault client will work in some sort of offline mode and used cached information for repository structures and simulated check-ins/ checkouts that are local to the client only? the version of the server and client are both 3.0.7.

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Wed Aug 31, 2005 9:46 am

The Vault Client does cache folder tree structure, file lists, file states, etc. : http://support.sourcegear.com/viewtopic.php?t=6

There's no true "offline mode," though the cached info allows you to browse through the tree, see file status, do a difference to the last version you retrieved from the server. You can also edit files in the working directory if they are writable or if you make them writeable.

But you couldn't actually checkout files or check them in without hitting the Vault Server. So we'll need more info.
Also when he does do a checkout/modify/check-in, everything appears to be successful
How does the user know it's successful? Do the messages in the Messages tab indicate a successful operation?
when he views the latest version in vault, his changes are there, but nobody else sees his changes.
Do you mean that when the user does a "View" of the file, his changes are in the repository, but when other users "View" the file in the repository, they don't see the change? Has the file version incremented in the repository (do a Show History to see).

Is the user working in VSS mode or CVS mode (Tools->Options->Concurrent Development Style)?

Is there anything in the Vault server log file that shows server restarts or disconnects for that user?
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

Thalko

Post by Thalko » Wed Aug 31, 2005 10:56 am

Ok, i went through the logs and it said he logged into vault on 11:03 AM. He checked in the file at 12:01 PM (the check-in time it shows in his vault client), and in the Vault logs it shows he logged out at 12:06 PM. There are no other entries for him disconnecting or anything like that between 11:03 AM and 12:06 PM. The version his client shows in the repository for the file is Version 1, but from everybody else's computer it shows version 4. I viewed his local copy in his mapped directory and did a comparison from his computer(compare "working folder with current version in repositiory") and it said they are the same, and i can see that the changes are on the server(so it appears) from his client. when i view the history on this file from my computer I see no such record of him modifying the file and his change is not incorporated.

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Wed Aug 31, 2005 11:14 am

We had some reports of checkin issues with Vault 3.0.7, but in those cases the checkin never made it or was undone. But some of your users are seeing the checkin in history?

Could you email or post screenshots of what this user is seeing, vs what others users are seeing from their clients? If you want to email, send them to Linda at SourceGear.com.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Wed Aug 31, 2005 12:50 pm

Thalko had some nearly-identical branches in the folder tree; users were looking at two different branches.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear