Missing dragnet.config

This forum is now locked, since gold support is no longer offered.

Moderator: SourceGear

Tony

Missing dragnet.config

Post by Tony » Fri Sep 23, 2005 9:37 am

I was running v1.0.3 fine. I ran the uninstaller, and while it appeared to work (i.e. the files were all gone), it would throw an error near the end and claim that it failed.

Anyway, I used the v1.0.4 installer and did a fresh installation, attaching it to the existing database. The installation ran fine.

WHen I try browsing to the site, I get the error "Login failed for user 'STAGE\DEVBUILD$'." This doesn't surprise me, since I hadn't updated the config files.

However, when I look at my installation directory, there is no dragnet.config file (though there is a reference to it located in the web.config file).

IS this file not in the same directory as the web.config? If it's missing, what's the best way to get it back? Can you send me one?

Tony

mskrobul

Post by mskrobul » Fri Sep 23, 2005 10:28 am

Dragnet doesn't use a Dragnet.config file. Old versions of Dragnet may have installed a generic .config file, but currently all of the Dragnet settings are in web.config. The fact that it isn't here *shouldn't* cause any problems.

If you really want a dragnet.config file, email me using the email button below and I will send you the generic one that used to get installed.

Are you copying the your old web.config file over the one that gets installed? Occationally new settings are added to web.config. If you are copying an old web.config file over make sure to take note of any changes in the new web.config file.
Mary Jo Skrobul
SourceGear

Tony

Then where does it get the "run as" information?

Post by Tony » Fri Sep 23, 2005 11:18 am

I'm okay with no dragnet.config file, but then where do I specify the domain\account and password that Dragnet should impersonate? Right now it's impersonating some generic local account.

mskrobul

Post by mskrobul » Fri Sep 23, 2005 11:25 am

Search for the identiy impersonate element in web.config. Uncomment that element and fill it in with the correct information:

Code: Select all

<identity impersonate="true" userName="AAAAAAAA" password="BBBBBBBB"/>
Mary Jo Skrobul
SourceGear