Bug Tracking Integration

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

Terry Denham

Bug Tracking Integration

Post by Terry Denham » Mon Mar 22, 2004 3:16 pm

If I already have a home grown bug tracking application is there any documentation on how I can get SGV to talk to my application.

I see through the FogBUGZ integration how I can integrate my bug tracking with SGV but I'm looking at what kind of service/page and what params do I need to support to allow SGV to interoperate.

Thank you for your time and any information you can provide.

jeremy_sg

Post by jeremy_sg » Mon Mar 22, 2004 3:47 pm

My understanding of this may be wrong, but I think that we make a call to FogBugz in the following manner for checkins.

FOGBUGZURL/cvsSubmit.asp?ixBug={1}&sFile={2}&sPrev={3}&sNew={4}

where
{1} = bugID
{2} = the repository/path of the file, in the format REPOSITORYNUMBER$/path/to/file
{3} = object id of the file
{4} = version of the file

If you code to this, and it works, great. We make no promises to continue to support this URL. Good luck.

Terry Denham

Post by Terry Denham » Mon Mar 22, 2004 4:55 pm

Thanks, that's great information and I won't hold you to supporting it in the future. :D

One final thing, do you need to login to the FogBUGZ to submit this information. If so do I just need to provide basic digest support or do you also support Windows Authentication?

As a suggestion maybe in the future you could provide an interface to allow bug tracking integration.

GregM

Post by GregM » Wed Mar 24, 2004 7:53 am

Having a defined API for bug tracking integration would be a definite plus. We have a bug tracking program that supports SCC integration, so the program can talk to vault (untested yet), and it would be nice if we could make vault talk to our program too.

montek

Post by montek » Thu May 13, 2004 3:32 pm

I'm researching this idea a bit and found this http://www.fogcreek.com/FogBUGZ/help/Se ... ntegr.html which would seem to suggest that {3} is really the old version number; can I assume from your comments that Vault will pass the objVerID?
jeremy_sg wrote:My understanding of this may be wrong, but I think that we make a call to FogBugz in the following manner for checkins.

FOGBUGZURL/cvsSubmit.asp?ixBug={1}&sFile={2}&sPrev={3}&sNew={4}

where
{1} = bugID
{2} = the repository/path of the file, in the format REPOSITORYNUMBER$/path/to/file
{3} = object id of the file
{4} = version of the file

If you code to this, and it works, great. We make no promises to continue to support this URL. Good luck.

jeremy_sg

Post by jeremy_sg » Thu May 13, 2004 4:00 pm

It's the objid (sometimes called just the ID), not the previous version or the objverid.