Server error loading site

This forum is now locked, since gold support is no longer offered.

Moderator: SourceGear

Tony

Server error loading site

Post by Tony » Fri Sep 23, 2005 12:32 pm

I get the following error when trying to browse to the default page in our 1.0.4 Dragnet application (hopefully it means more to you than to me):

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Server Error in '/Dragnet' Application.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
MantisServiceLib.Helpers.ListTrackingStartPage(Page mPage) +86
Mantis.Default.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +48
System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +67
System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +35
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain() +750

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.2300; ASP.NET Version:1.1.4322.2300

mskrobul

Post by mskrobul » Fri Sep 23, 2005 12:48 pm

Did you restart IIS after you upgraded Dragnet?

If not, try restarting IIS. And make sure you connect to Dragnet in a new browser afterward.

If that doesn't work, send me your entire dragnet log file (in your %windir%/temp/sgdragnet folder)

You can use the email button at the bottom of the message to email me directly.
Mary Jo Skrobul
SourceGear

Tony

Post by Tony » Fri Sep 23, 2005 1:23 pm

I did restart IIS, but I have what is possibly a related error in that new (i.e. uncached) users can't be authenticated because IIS apparantly can no longer see the domain controller. Let me solve that first and I'll get back to you if there is still a problem.

mskrobul

Post by mskrobul » Fri Sep 23, 2005 1:27 pm

If you have any items with a status of "fixed" associated with inactive milestones that can cause a problem in 1.0.4 (which is a known bug).

I can give you the SQL to fix that problem if this is the case.
Mary Jo Skrobul
SourceGear