"unable to make file read-only"

If you are having a problem using SourceOffSite, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

Xavier

"unable to make file read-only"

Post by Xavier » Mon Oct 24, 2005 2:18 am

Hello,

I was about to post a bug report about this error as I frequently have the same issue. I'm working all the time with both .Net and Sourcegear opened.

You can't do everything from .net. I often search for old files from sourcegear while working in .net, then go back to SG to do a get latest on the old files. I frequently have this error.

Even if you have to retry to set the RO flag, I don't think it should be a problem, as the only solution we currently have is to select the files one by one and set this flag... It's really a waste of time.

I hope that you will consider fixing this bug soon.

Best regards

Xavier

Tonya

Post by Tonya » Tue Oct 25, 2005 10:01 am

When you have a solution opened within VS.Net, are you working diconnected from SOS?

When you perform a "get latest" from within the SOS client, is the same project opened in VS.Net?

Thanks,

Tonya Nunn
SourceGear Support

Xavier

Post by Xavier » Tue Oct 25, 2005 10:50 am

Hello,

I'm always connected with both SOS and .net; and most of the time using the same project in both applications.

Xavier

Tonya

Post by Tonya » Tue Oct 25, 2005 3:34 pm

Xavier,

You are going to experience strange behavior using the IDE in VS.Net simultaneously with the SOS Client. We don't reccommend using the SOS Client for anything other then viewing information while utilizing the IDE, unless the project is currently not opened within VS.Net.

Tonya Nunn
SourceGear Support