Closed Connection Issue

This forum is now locked, since gold support is no longer offered.

Moderator: SourceGear

ZackJones

Closed Connection Issue

Post by ZackJones » Wed Oct 26, 2005 5:47 am

I'm pretty sure this is a one-time problem but I thought I'd post a message here and see if anyone knows what may have caused it. We use Dragnet to store feedback from the web sites we host. We do this using the addItemExternal method of the web service. Yesterday I received the error below. Our server arrangment is as follows: web server hosting several web sites, db server, vault and dragnet running on 3rd server.

Any insight would be appreciated.

Code: Select all

System.Net.WebException: The underlying connection was closed: The remote name could not be resolved.
   at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.CheckFinalStatus()
   at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetRequestStream(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
   at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetRequestStream()
   at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters)
   at C_130TCG.dn.DragnetWebService.AddItemExternal(MantisItem item)
   at C_130TCG.Bug.SendFeedback(String Username, String Info)

ZackJones

Post by ZackJones » Fri Nov 04, 2005 5:44 am

Hmm, 26 views so far and not a single reply :( I guess I'm the only person to ever have this issue. Fortunately I haven't had any more problems so I guess it was just a one time thing.

sterwill

Post by sterwill » Fri Nov 04, 2005 7:37 am

It looks like a DNS lookup failed in your C_130TCG application, and it could not contact the Dragnet web service. If this problems happens again, you may try using the IP of the computer hosting the Dragnet web service instead of a domain name when contacting it from your application. However, this will only work if the Dragnet server does not use named virtual hosting for the Dragnet service.
Shaw Terwilliger
SourceGear LLC
`echo sterwill5sourcegear6com | tr 56 @.`