Web Project doesn't react in VS.NET 2003

If you are having a problem using SourceOffSite, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

thoreon

Web Project doesn't react in VS.NET 2003

Post by thoreon » Sat Nov 05, 2005 7:31 am

Hi!

At the beginning I would like to appologize for my not so perfect English, but this is not my mother tongue ;-)

So now to my problem:
I have a running VSS 6.0 + SourceOffSite Server running on a Microsoft Windows 2000 Server Machine and want to access the SourceSafe-Database from a Windows XP Client Machine over VS.NET 2003 Enterprise Architect.

As mentioned in the help files/support center I defined the project as webproject in the Server Manager of SOS (the symbol is shown, so that should work).
Now I start VS.NET, connect to SOS and want to load the Web Project into the local folder on my HDD but after clicking OK and choosing the SLN the sand glass appears for about 3 seconds and thats it. From this moment on VS.NET is blocked and I can only end the application over the task manager.

Is there someone who knows whats going on and why my VS.NET doesn't give any error message or something else to me?

I'm a newbie on using VSS/SOS with WebProjects, so maybe there is a beginners mistake.

I would be pleased about any hint which could help me in any way...

Thanks a lot...

Thoreon

Tonya

Post by Tonya » Mon Nov 07, 2005 11:01 am

Thoreon,
At the beginning I would like to appologize for my not so perfect English, but this is not my mother tongue
There's no need to apologize. :D

How are you attempting to load the project into VS.Net? The very first time that you open an application, regardless of it being a web application or not, you should use the File, Source Control, Open from Source Control functionality.
I'm a newbie on using VSS/SOS with WebProjects, so maybe there is a beginners mistake.
Below is a KB article that refers to using Web Projects with our other source code control product Vault. However, it provides beneficial information in regards to using Web Projects with VS.Net.

Thanks,

Tonya Nunn
SourceGear Support

thoreon

Post by thoreon » Fri Nov 11, 2005 2:22 pm

Hi!

Thanks and sorry for writing back so late, but I was a little busy during the last days...

Yes, I use the open from source control function from the file-menu. Afterwards SOS asks for username/password and database. I choose the project (which is declared as a web project). Then I need to fix a folder where the project is stored local and which sln I would like to take and after this window nothing is going on... no error but VS.NET doesn't work...
Below is a KB article that refers to using Web Projects with our other source code control product Vault. However, it provides beneficial information in regards to using Web Projects with VS.Net.
I'm sorry, but I can't find any article reference in this post...

Thanks
Thoreon

Tonya

Post by Tonya » Mon Nov 14, 2005 11:12 am

Sorry about the confusion, I forgot to include the link:

http://support.sourcegear.com/viewtopic ... b+projects

Can other users successfully open this solution?

What version of SourceOffSite are you using?

Tonya

thoreon

Post by thoreon » Thu Nov 24, 2005 10:56 am

Thank you for this article, it was quite important information how to use web projects.

But nevertheless it doesn't work. I'm able to open the solution with VSS but not over SOS.

To your questions:
No, nobody else is able to open this solution and I'm using SourceOffSite 4.1

Thanks...
Thoreon

Tonya

Post by Tonya » Tue Nov 29, 2005 3:20 pm

Sorry for the delay getting back to you. Can you tell me if you are able to open other web projects successfully? Does anything display in the Source Control output dialog from within VS.Net?

You may want to try to unbind and rebind this project:

http://support.sourcegear.com/viewtopic ... ght=unbind

Tonya