Dreamweaver Integration

This forum is now locked, since Gold Support is no longer offered.

Moderator: SourceGear

DarrenS

Dreamweaver Integration

Post by DarrenS » Wed Mar 24, 2004 7:45 pm

I know this was mentioned in one of the other forums and I believe Eric said it's not planned, but...

It would be a big thing for us - our web content developers are very comfortable with DW and would like to use Vault. (The good news is spreading within our organization!) Is there anything that could be done? We are open to a little custom development if Sourcegear could point us in the right direction or even help out...I've heard DW integrates with VSS so shouldn't it be easy to integrate it with Vault? (Not sure if it uses the SSAPI or the OLE API to communicate with VSS though)

Gold support #(removed by moderator).

ericsink

Re: Dreamweaver Integration

Post by ericsink » Wed Mar 24, 2004 8:12 pm

DarrenS wrote:Is there anything that could be done? We are open to a little custom development if Sourcegear could point us in the right direction or even help out...I've heard DW integrates with VSS so shouldn't it be easy to integrate it with Vault?
Slightly Zen-like answer: If it were easy, we would do it. :D

Seriously, I doubt this is a trivial undertaking, but it's not our place to tell you not to try. The Vault Client API has everything you need to handle the Vault side. I honestly have not the foggiest idea what will be required on the DW side. I don't know anything about their integration API.

We can answer any questions you have about our API. Also, it's not completely out of the question that you might coax us into helping if you lead the way.

No promises, though. We'd love to see DW integration happen, but it's not an area where we can commit our own resources right now.
Eric Sink
Software Craftsman
SourceGear