Bug: Commit button disabled

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

mwoffenden

Bug: Commit button disabled

Post by mwoffenden » Sun Mar 28, 2004 6:49 pm

I saw this in Vault 1.x as well.

No rhyme or reason as to when it happens.

See attached file.
Attachments
Untitled-2.jpg
Picture
Untitled-2.jpg (17.69 KiB) Viewed 6090 times
Michael D. Woffenden, Founder and President, Information Results Corporation

dan

Post by dan » Mon Mar 29, 2004 8:25 am

Thanks for the report - we'll log it and do a quick code review to see if anything looks suspicious. Does switching from the pending change set tab to the messages or status search pane reset the button?

mwoffenden

Post by mwoffenden » Mon Mar 29, 2004 8:46 am

Does switching from the pending change set tab to the messages or status search pane reset the button?
No, none of these actions reset the button.
Michael D. Woffenden, Founder and President, Information Results Corporation

sterwill

Post by sterwill » Mon Mar 29, 2004 9:11 am

This problem has been around since Vault 1.0, and I think it's a bug with the .NET framework and button enabling. I've tried to debug this problem, and I when Vault gets into this state, the button's .Enabled property is True (it certainly looks and acts as if it's False)! Setting it to True again does nothing, as does setting it to False, then True. It seems as though it's stuck in this state and no programmatic operation will change it.

If anyone can find a set of steps to reproduce this, let me know. I always just had to run Vault in the debugger for a few days, and sometimes it would happen.
Shaw Terwilliger
SourceGear LLC
`echo sterwill5sourcegear6com | tr 56 @.`

GregM

Post by GregM » Thu Jul 29, 2004 11:24 am

I've had this happen to me a couple times recently. I'll keep an eye out to see if I can see when it happens.

GregM

Post by GregM » Fri Aug 13, 2004 10:13 am

I was in the "search" pane. I used the context menu on a file and selected "Show Differences". I use Beyond Compare as my diff tool. It uses Ctrl-N to move to the next difference. I sometimes hit an extra Ctrl-N after hitting Esc to exit BC. This brings up the Add Files dialog in Vault. Since this usually preceeds the Commit button being disabled, I exited the Add Files dialog, and switched over to the Pending Change Set. Sure enough, the Commit button is now disabled. I've seen this from both the Pending Change Set and Status panes. When I try to reproduce this, it doesn't happen, so that's probably only part of the puzzle.