Checkin from Status Search Tab

This forum is now locked, since Gold Support is no longer offered.

Moderator: SourceGear

mattFleming

Checkin from Status Search Tab

Post by mattFleming » Tue Apr 06, 2004 7:56 am

We just moved from Sourcesafe to Vault and in Sourcesafe you could search of all files you had checked out. I see that I can do that same in Vault by using the Status Search Tab.

In Sourcesafe I would search for all the files I had checked out then select the ones I wanted to check in and check them in all at once. I seem to not be able to do that in Vault. I can search for all files that I have checked out. Then it appears that the only actions that I can perform on these file is double click to go to the file in vault, or right click to either copy the name to the clipboard or show differences. It would be nice to be able to perform actions on these files, such as check in or label.

So currently if I have five files checked out and I need to check them all in at once I can not find a way to do this. I must do the following:

1) Search for all files checked out my me
2) Double click on each file in the list
3) Checkin the file or files that live in the same directory
4) Repeat until all files are checked in.

This works, but what if while I am checkin those five files, someone else on team gets the latest code? It is possible for them to get only some of my changes.

Is there a way to do this that I am missing?

Thanks,

Matt Fleming

dan

Post by dan » Tue Apr 06, 2004 8:05 am

You can check them all in via the Pending Change Set pane (two to the left of the status search pane). If you have them checked out, they will appear there, and you can check them all in as a single group there.

mattFleming

Post by mattFleming » Tue Apr 06, 2004 8:26 am

Thanks!!

I did not think of looking there.

Matt Fleming