One solution, four projects, two repositories

This forum is now locked, since Gold Support is no longer offered.

Moderator: SourceGear

frandsen

One solution, four projects, two repositories

Post by frandsen » Tue Apr 25, 2006 3:39 am

Hi

I have a solution in Visual Studio which contains four projects. These projects belong naturally together two and two. Other developers might take two of these projects and use them in their own different solutions. So I found it natural to keep these sets of projects in two different repositories.

So far this hasn't worked well with the Visual Studio integration. Getting or checking out files works fine, but when checking in, the files are added to the last repository that I checked something out from. So now I have a version 1 of a file in the wrong repository, and in the repository where the file belongs, it's marked as a renegade.

Can I make the Vault client remember upon check in where it got the file, or must I put everything in the same repository?

dan

Post by dan » Tue Apr 25, 2006 7:33 am

Visual Studio integration doesn't work for a single solution spread across multiple repositories, due to limitations in the interface. So, you'll need to put them in the same repository if you want them to both work with SCC integration at the same time.

frandsen

Post by frandsen » Tue Apr 25, 2006 1:13 pm

Thanks.

So to whom do we send the feature request? SourceGear or Microsoft?

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Tue Apr 25, 2006 1:41 pm

Both.

We can log it as as feature request. It's possible that in a future release, we will have a different type of integration with Visual Studio that would allow this.

You can also take up the issue with Microsoft.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager