Trying to GET an older version of a project. Not working.

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

MrAnalogy

Trying to GET an older version of a project. Not working.

Post by MrAnalogy » Thu May 04, 2006 10:19 pm

I'm trying to GET an older version of a project.

I opened the SG Client and viewed the history for that folder "New project".
I created a label for it.

I then viewed labels for that folder and right clicked on the one I wanted to GET. It seemed to do *something* but the project files have not changed.

Am I doing something wrong?

Also, is there any way to GET a previous version of a Folder that does NOT have a label? (When I view folder history, I don't see an option go GET).

If you could point me to an explanation of how to do the GET (step by step instructions <g>) I'd be happy to just read that. I couldn't find anyting like that in the HELP file, so I"m assuming it's so simple it didn't need ane explanation. But can't figure out what I did wrong.

Thanks!

dan

Post by dan » Fri May 05, 2006 8:19 am

You should be able to get a historical version of a folder either through the Show Labels dialog, or the Show History dialog. You don't need to do a label to get the history.

In Show History, choose the "View folder history by version" radio button on the History Query Filter/Sort dialog. Select the version you want from the entries in the list, and then press the Get Tree button to the right.

The "View history by item" screen also allows a Get by right clicking the mouse on an item - it will retreive that version. However, this only lists folder versions where an item affected the top level folder (such as adding or deleting a file/folder), so it may not list the exact folder version you want to retrieve.