Repository disappeared

This forum is now locked, since Gold Support is no longer offered.

Moderator: SourceGear

aehlert

Repository disappeared

Post by aehlert » Wed May 17, 2006 11:06 am

Okay, this is a strange one.

I had created a repository for one of our groups a couple of weeks ago. They called up and said that they had received the following error:

[5/17/2006 10:47:57 AM] Item $/Validation_Database/Validation_5_Test/jsp/AddTest.jsp caused the transaction to fail: A modification to this item was requested earlier in the same transaction.
[5/17/2006 10:47:57 AM] Transaction failed

I went into the administration tool to take a look at the problem and.....the repository is no longer visible!

This is with a 3.0.2 server/client.

Any idea where I can start looking to find out what happened to their data?

ian_sg

Post by ian_sg » Wed May 17, 2006 1:15 pm

This is a known bug in Vault < 3.0.7. We can fix it, and when we're done I highly recommend updating client and server to at least 3.0.7, preferably the latest, which is 3.1.8.

We'll need to trade some query results and SQL scripts. If you'd prefer to do so via email, email me the first results using the button below. The first thing I need is the results of these two queries:

Code: Select all

SELECT repid, name, currenttxid, uniquerepid FROM sgvault.dbo.tblrepositories

Code: Select all

SELECT x.repid, x.txid FROM sgvault.dbo.tblfulltreerevisionfolders x WHERE EXISTS ( SELECT y.repid FROM sgvault.dbo.tblrepositories y WHERE y.repid = x.repid AND y.currenttxid = x.txid )
Ian Olsen
SourceGear

aehlert

Post by aehlert » Wed May 17, 2006 1:32 pm

Let's take it to email.

I'll send you the results.