Soscmd.exe 3.5 crash

If you are having a problem using SourceOffSite, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

tblackburn

Soscmd.exe 3.5 crash

Post by tblackburn » Wed Apr 07, 2004 11:19 am

Whenever I run SOSCMD.EXE 3.5, regardless of command, I get a crash window with the following message:
"The instruction at 0x00408278" referenced memory at 0x00000000". The memory could not be read".

Click OK to terminate
Click CANCEL to debug

For example, if I do a -command GetFileList, the file list prints successfully, then crashes. If I do CheckOutFile or CheckInFile, the crash corrupts the databaseX.sos file.

The server and GUI client are 3.5.3.

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Wed Apr 07, 2004 12:56 pm

Can you successfully run all these commands with the SOS GUI client?

Does the command actually execute, and then the client crashes, or does the command fail? For instance, is the file checked out?

When the CLC crashes, is the SOS Server service still running, or does the service hang?

Does the CLC crash only on a particular machine? Can you run it sucessfully on a different machine?

Did the CLC ever work properly, or have you just started having problems?

If the CLC never worked properly, could you email me or post the command you are using? (If you post the command on the forum, be sure to use <servername> and <password> etc, instead of posting your actual connection info.

If your commands used to work, has anything changed with your network or your client machine?
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

tobu100

Post by tobu100 » Wed Apr 07, 2004 1:51 pm

The GUI client runs everything just fine. The CLC seems to perform the command (any command) then crashes.

Most of the time, the databaseX.sos file is corrupted after the crash ( as reported by the GUI client).

The SOS server service stays running OK.

This is the first time anyone has tried the CLC at our company. So I'm the R&D guinea pig. We won't have everyone use it until I can get it functional.

Here is the command that I'm using:
"c:\Program Files\SourceOffSite\soscmd.exe" -command GetFileList -soshome "c:\Program Files\SourceOffSite" -server <servername> -database <databasename> -name "<username>" -password "" -pro
ject $/