VS 2005 Web Application Projects

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

greg_burns

VS 2005 Web Application Projects

Post by greg_burns » Thu May 18, 2006 3:34 pm

Following the instructions here to upgrade a 2003 web app to a WAP in 2005...

http://webproject.scottgu.com/VisualBas ... ation.aspx

Unbound my solution from Vault. Did the migration and now trying to add solution back to source control. I am getting this error:

---------------------------
SourceGear Vault
Visual Studio is reporting that your working folder is C:\, which sometimes indicates that a project or file within the project or solution being added is outside your actual working folder. If the actual working folder does not match what Visual Studio is reporting, the project or solution will not be added correctly to Vault. Please check your project or solution for items that are located outside the working folder before adding to source control if C:\ is not the correct working folder.
OK

I am not sure how to proceed.

My Solution file .sln in located in a subfolder of My Documents\Visual Studio 2005\Projects. The actual WAP is located in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\<my app dir>. Is that the problem?

Do I need to move my .sln file into c:\inetpub\wwwroot\<my app dir>?

Thanks,
Greg

dan

Post by dan » Thu May 18, 2006 3:56 pm

Hmm. That certainly seems to be what it is complaining about, but in VS2003, it was able to store the solution file in one location and web projects in another. Apparently VS2005 can't do this (because it no longer has web projects?).

If moving the solution over to inetpub doesn't cause you any grief, that would probably be the easiest path.

greg_burns

Post by greg_burns » Fri May 19, 2006 5:58 am

Moving the .sln file did the trick. Strange it behaves this way, since WAP's closely model 2003 and do use project files again.