Netbeans source control module for Vault

This forum is now locked, since Gold Support is no longer offered.

Moderator: SourceGear

breiter

Netbeans source control module for Vault

Post by breiter » Fri May 19, 2006 2:52 pm

I would love to see a Netbeans source control module for Vault. It seems like it would be fairly straight-forward to build on top of the "VCS Generic Command-Line Support" module that is used to support SourceSafe. The specialized Java code would be relatively limited and only a part of the Netbeans module. The Vault client itself would remail vault.exe or "mono vault.exe".

We have several Java projects based around Netbeans and it is cumbersome not to have IDE support for source control.

Thanks for your consideration.

Brian A. Reiter
WolfeReiter, LLC : Thoughtful Computing
http://www.thoughtfulcomputing.com

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Mon May 22, 2006 9:56 am

We don't have a plugin planned for Netbeans; I'll add a feature request.

BTW, we are developing an Eclipse plugin for Vault, which will be available later this year.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

breiter

Post by breiter » Tue May 23, 2006 11:06 am

I was aware of the Eclipse plugin effort, thanks, but we prefer Netbeans because of the better "out-of-the-box" environment for developing on Tomcat and integration with Ant.

I suspect that building a Netbeans plugin would be much simpler than building the Eclipse plugin because there shoulnd't be any need to port the entire Vault client core to run on Java. Netbeans has support for instrumenting a command-line VCS client, which is how most VCS systems are integrated with Netbeans.

Cheers.

Brian A. Reiter
WolfeReiter, LLC : Thoughtful Computing
http://www.thoughtfulcomputing.com

Toby

Vote me in as well

Post by Toby » Thu May 25, 2006 9:21 am

We use NETBeans 5 for our Blackberry developments so a Netbeans plug-in for vault 3 would be fantastic...

Regards

Toby