Annoying problem

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

jut

Annoying problem

Post by jut » Sat Jun 03, 2006 2:18 pm

I'm a veteran Sourcesafe and SourceOffSite user. We recently purchased Vault. The version is 3.1.8.3771. It's been great so far, but I've encountered something that really, really annoys me. When I'm working from home(it doesn't seem to happen when I'm in the office), and I log into Vault either through the client or the VS2005 IDE, it times out after only a couple of minutes. The error is "Session is no longer valid. Either the server restarted, or your session timed out. You may need to login again to re-authenticate." I know the server timeout (in the admin tool) is set to 1440 minutes, which is 24 hours. The thing that makes this SO annoying is that any files which were checked out and edited before the timeout will get a "Need Merge" status. When I used to get "Needs Merge" status in SourceOffSite, I would hit "checkout", then "Don't overwrite local file", and everything would be up to date. But Vault has an annoying nag that won't let me checkin unless I go through the "Resolve merge status" rigamarole. I'm not a baby, I know when my files need merge or not. Is there any way to disable this annoying "Need Merge" status and it's related pains?

dan

Post by dan » Sun Jun 04, 2006 7:25 pm

Take a look at this KB article: http://support.sourcegear.com/viewtopic.php?t=1014. It has a lot of good things to try for timeout issues.