VS2005: Resets pending check-ins selection on refresh

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

AGBrown

VS2005: Resets pending check-ins selection on refresh

Post by AGBrown » Mon Jun 05, 2006 7:49 am

Versions:
VS2005 professional
Vault 3.1.8

Scenario:
Have some files checked for check-in using the VS "pending check-ins" panel, and other file checkboxes cleared so they won't be checked in. VS2005 will reset these so that all files are checked on:
-Status refresh
-Manual check-in/out of a file or files in solution explorer, presumably due to a complete status refresh in pending check-ins.

I'm guessing this is VS2005 behaviour, and can't be fixed by vault - but if this is not the case is there any way that you can get the pending check-ins panel to remember your previous selection, such that if you have some file checkboxes cleared they do not automatically set again on refresh.

The selection/deselection is a very useful way of making sure that a set of files that should be checked in together do so without other files that aren't due for check-in or aren't part of that logical change set. If you have a large number of files, its a pain (and also quite difficult to get right) to have to go back through the list and put it back to the previous selection. This can happen if you realise you need to check-in/out a single file before you can go through with a given check-in. VS2003 behaviour was to remember your selection. As I said, I'm guessing this is a VS2005 quirk and it may be out of your control?

Andy
Andy Brown
<a href="http://www.k2nenergy.com/index.htm" title="See how K2n can reduce your energy consumption and costs">K2n: Energy Monitoring Solutions</a>

dan

Post by dan » Mon Jun 05, 2006 1:15 pm

As suspected, there isn't anything we can do about this - it is a Visual Studio dialog, and is managed from within VS. You'll need to go to the MS Visual Studio forums and request the functionality there.