Doing stuff across several files/folderss

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

selfgov2000

Doing stuff across several files/folderss

Post by selfgov2000 » Thu Jun 08, 2006 9:08 am

Is it possible to label all files on or before a specific date in a branch without doing it to each file individually?

Also, If I move to a new working folder, for instance, and get latest there, do I actually have to go into each folder and show differences for the software to decide to update the status of local files?

Thanks,
Dave

dan

Re: Doing stuff across several files/folderss

Post by dan » Thu Jun 08, 2006 9:27 am

selfgov2000 wrote:Is it possible to label all files on or before a specific date in a branch without doing it to each file individually?
You can do this from the history dialog. Do a history by version (which is a radio button in the history query/filter main tab), and then you can label a folder at a specific version, and it will apply to the versions of all files recursively in that folder at the time of that folder version.
Also, If I move to a new working folder, for instance, and get latest there, do I actually have to go into each folder and show differences for the software to decide to update the status of local files?
I'm not quite sure I follow. If you change the working folder to a new location, the status should be updated immediately in the GUI client. If there are files in the new working folder with the same name, a Get Latest should resolve the Unknown status of the files.

selfgov2000

Post by selfgov2000 » Thu Jun 08, 2006 10:27 am

Thanks on the label thing. I hadn't yet figured out that there was an overall version number at the folder level.

On the status update, I believe I had first done a get latest to the folder, then set the working folder, and had to do a show diff in each folder for the gui to figure out the status.

Dave

dan

Post by dan » Thu Jun 08, 2006 10:40 am

selfgov2000 wrote: On the status update, I believe I had first done a get latest to the folder, then set the working folder, and had to do a show diff in each folder for the gui to figure out the status.
Ah, I see. A Get Latest should resolve the files it can without having to diff each folder separately.