NETWORKSERVICE Account consuming alot of disk space.

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

Leviathan2006

NETWORKSERVICE Account consuming alot of disk space.

Post by Leviathan2006 » Wed Jun 28, 2006 10:41 am

We are having an issue with our vault server. The vault server has a 10 gig system drive (C:\), and the drive keeps filling up. I saw a post in here about developers complaining about the cache in the Documents and Settings folder, and I see that the server's NetworkService profile has a rather large set of files under C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Application Data\SourceGear\Vault_1\

Is it OK to remove these files? Is there a way to automatically remove the files or prevent the files from going in there?

I tried updating the web.config file in \\pathixdev\c$\Inetpub\wwwroot\VaultService\VaultShadowFolder on the server and uncommented the following key, and pointed it to another drive on that server (F:) which has a lot of space.

<!-- <add key="shadowfolder_cachepath" value="c:\Program Files\Sourcegear\Vault Shadow Folder Cache" /> -->

After restart of the system, I see no difference, and it looks like the data is continuing to build up.

Is there something I can do to prevent this.

Beth

Post by Beth » Wed Jul 05, 2006 8:55 am

It is safe to delete the SourceGear\Vault_1\ data directory while the Shadow Folder server is stopped (iisreset.exe /stop). Start the service once you have deleted the folders (iisreset.exe).

Since the NETWORKSERVICE Account is a local, non-privileged account, pointing the Shadow Folder cache path to a network resource won't work. You will need to use a domain based account to access your F: drive. See the following article for more information: FAQ: Shadow Folders with UNC Paths / Windows 2003 Server