Error 500 attempting to modify an item

This forum is now locked, since gold support is no longer offered.

Moderator: SourceGear

stoberman

Error 500 attempting to modify an item

Post by stoberman » Wed Oct 04, 2006 6:30 am

When we attempt to modify some of the items in our database, we get the following error on the server:

Error 500: The Server is unable to process your request, click the login button to go back to the login page

We are in the middle of a release, and need a resolution for our QA dept asap. Thanks in advance for helping.

BTW - we are using Dragnet Version 1.0.7.1379.
Attachments
dragnet.zip
(995 Bytes) Downloaded 2126 times

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Wed Oct 04, 2006 7:50 am

Here's a forum post with a similar issue and some suggestions to try, although from the log error, this might not be an IIS issue:

http://support.sourcegear.com/viewtopic.php?t=3639

Is this a new problem? Was Dragnet working properly before?

When, specifically, does this error occur? What kind of modification are you making?

What operating system is Dragnet installed on? What version of the .NET Framework is on that machine?
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

stoberman

Post by stoberman » Wed Oct 04, 2006 7:57 am

No, this does not appear to be an IIS issue. First, this is a new issue for us in the last week to 10 days; before that, we had no problems. We have also not updated the Dragnet software in that time, so i don't believe that is the issue either.

The problem occurs immediately when pressing the Modify button from the viewing a dragnet item. We do not even get to the edit form; if the edit form does appear, we are able to successfully make changes to the item. Another interesting note - we are able to comment on the item from the view form successfully, but not edit it by pressing the Modify button.

Dragnet is installed on a Win2k3 server running .NET 1.1. As i mentioned above, until the last week or so, Dragnet was working fine.

jclausius

Post by jclausius » Thu Oct 05, 2006 9:35 am

Is there anything in the Windows Event Viewer related to the problem?
Jeff Clausius
SourceGear

jclausius

Post by jclausius » Thu Oct 05, 2006 9:50 am

Also, are there any "blank" drop downs for

Assignee
Resolver
Category
Type
Milestone
Platform
Priority
Status
Time Estimate
Jeff Clausius
SourceGear

jclausius

Post by jclausius » Thu Oct 05, 2006 2:01 pm

If you cannot bring up the modify page, then we can also attack this from the database side. I'll need the results from the following:

SELECT * FROM sgdragnet.dbo.items WHERE itemid = <SOME_NUMBER>
SELECT * FROM sgdragnet.dbo.categories
SELECT * FROM sgdragnet.dbo.itemtypes
SELECT * FROM sgdragnet.dbo.milestones
SELECT * FROM sgdragnet.dbo.platforms
SELECT * FROM sgdragnet.dbo.itempriorities
SELECT * FROM sgdragnet.dbo.itemstatuses
SELECT * FROM sgdragnet.dbo.timeestimates

Let's see if something is missing.

If you want to keep the results private, click on the email or Private Message (PM) buttons below and you can use that to send the results.
Jeff Clausius
SourceGear

jclausius

Post by jclausius » Fri Oct 06, 2006 12:44 pm

This is related to a bug that came up a month ago.

The current fix is to:
a) Run the Query.
b) Restart the Dragnet Server (iisreset.exe)
c) Do not delete any of the current Database Settings until we release a Dragnet 1.0.8 patch.

Code: Select all

UPDATE sgdragnet.dbo.itemtypes SET status = 1 WHERE (itemtypeid <> 0) AND (status <> 1)

UPDATE sgdragnet.dbo.timeestimates SET status = 1 WHERE timeestimateid < 100 AND (status <> 1)
UPDATE sgdragnet.dbo.timeestimates SET status = 1 WHERE timeestimateid >= 100 AND (status <> 1) AND EXISTS (SELECT * FROM sgdragnet.dbo.items i WHERE i.timeestimateid = sgdragnet.dbo.timeestimates.timeestimateid)

UPDATE sgdragnet.dbo.itempriorities SET status = 1 WHERE priorityid < 100 AND (status <> 1)
UPDATE sgdragnet.dbo.itempriorities SET status = 1 WHERE priorityid >= 100 AND (status <> 1) AND EXISTS (SELECT * FROM sgdragnet.dbo.items i WHERE i.priorityid = sgdragnet.dbo.itempriorities.priorityid)

UPDATE sgdragnet.dbo.itemstatuses SET status = 1 WHERE statusid < 100 AND (status <> 1)
UPDATE sgdragnet.dbo.itemstatuses SET status = 1 WHERE statusid >= 100 AND (status <> 1) AND EXISTS (SELECT * FROM sgdragnet.dbo.items i WHERE i.statusid = sgdragnet.dbo.itemstatuses.statusid)

UPDATE sgdragnet.dbo.platforms SET status = 1 WHERE platformid < 100 AND (status <> 1)
UPDATE sgdragnet.dbo.platforms SET status = 1 WHERE platformid >= 100 AND (status <> 1) AND EXISTS (SELECT * FROM sgdragnet.dbo.items i WHERE i.platformid = sgdragnet.dbo.platforms.platformid)
Jeff Clausius
SourceGear