Backups and email questions

This forum is now locked, since Gold Support is no longer offered.

Moderator: SourceGear

Colen

Backups and email questions

Post by Colen » Wed Oct 25, 2006 10:57 am

Hi there,

We've just switched to Vault from Sourcesafe, and it's a blast to use - it finally brought home just how terrible sourcesafe really is these days. However, we had a couple of questions about some of the features.

1) Backups - there's a backup tab in the vault admin tool that lets you do a backup of your stuff, but it doesn't offer any support for doing scheduled backups. What do you guys recommend for doing a nightly / weekly / whatever backup of our source code repository?

2) Email - the 'email me whenever folder X changes' feature is great, but I don't really want to be informed that I just checked in 20 files. I already know that because I just checked them in! Is there any way to say "Don't notify me about changes made by myself"?

thanks!

Beth

Post by Beth » Wed Oct 25, 2006 12:21 pm

On the first item, the sgvault database can also be restored from a SQL backup, so you can schedule one for SQL to back up the sgvault database like you would normally.

More information on backups and maintenance can be found here: http://support.sourcegear.com/viewtopic.php?t=2924

We have a feature request in for not being notified of one's own items. I will add your "vote" to it.