Old Obliterate

This forum is now locked, since Gold Support is no longer offered.

Moderator: SourceGear

adakin

Old Obliterate

Post by adakin » Fri Jul 21, 2006 10:29 am

Is there any way to get the old obliterate back? The tree is a good enough idea, but when putting solutions into Vault under VS some just files get made in several directories and then deleted by VS. We typically go through the repositories and obliterate these. I don't want to have to click around a tree and find all of the files.

The tree idea would be fine if you added a recursive search so I could just select each repository and by default the root node is selected and I could recursively see all of the deleted files/folder and quickly obliterate them.

PS, I like the progress bar, you should Vault is doing something during the obliteration:)

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Fri Jul 21, 2006 12:42 pm

Is there any way to get the old obliterate back?
We created the tree view because some users had so many items that the list would never finish populating.

I'll log a feature request for a list view and search functionality in the Obliterate screen.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

adakin

Post by adakin » Fri Jul 21, 2006 12:50 pm

Even just the current setup with a checkbox for running it recursively. Then you could select the root node and that checkbox and we'd essentially have what we used to.

Is it possible to run the old 3.0 admin with 3.5 so it works like it used to?

Thanks.

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Fri Jul 21, 2006 1:02 pm

Is it possible to run the old 3.0 admin with 3.5 so it works like it used to?
Sorry, no. Vault 3.0 or 3.1 clients cannot connect to Vault 3.5 servers.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear

bsihsv

Post by bsihsv » Fri Jul 21, 2006 2:03 pm

We also would like to see the recursive feature added {back} into VAULT for the obliterate feature. If you have a huge directory tree/structure it is virtually impossible to find all the items that are eligible for obliteration.

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Fri Jul 21, 2006 2:08 pm

I'll add your "vote" to the feature request.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear

prevoj

Another vote for recursive obliterate

Post by prevoj » Tue Nov 14, 2006 9:52 am

Yes, I'd like to vote for adding back a way to obliterate without having to walk the entire tree looking for things to obliterate. I like the suggestion of adding a recursive check box. It can always default to off. I'll gladly checked that box on each time I need it!

My project has hundereds of folders in the tree and I spend an hour every couple of weeks manually walking that tree looking for things to obliterate. So any way that you can implement it, would be greatly appreciated.

Joe
Joe

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Tue Nov 14, 2006 3:23 pm

I'll add your vote.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear

adakin

Post by adakin » Tue Nov 14, 2006 3:36 pm

Can I vote again? We stopped using the obliterate while we wait for the old version to come back...

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Tue Nov 14, 2006 4:10 pm

We list votes by forum user name, so one name, one vote.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear

JohnVel

Old obliterate

Post by JohnVel » Wed Nov 15, 2006 7:28 am

I've not seen the old obliterate, but the proposed option does sound very useful.

(If people are hunting around for obliteratable branches, is there any way to generate a list of these using the Vault Command Line Client?)
John Vel, Arden Software

GregM

Post by GregM » Wed Nov 15, 2006 8:34 am

The old obliterate was a flat list, so it was very slow to populate, and you had to scroll through the entire list looking for the file you wanted to obliterate. The tree makes finding a particular file much easier, but browsing for things to obliterate much harder.

rhull

One Vote for obliterate change

Post by rhull » Sat Nov 18, 2006 3:32 pm

Adding the recursive list and the tree view together would be nice. The tree view only makes this feature un-useable to find files needing to be obliterated.

GregM

Re: One Vote for obliterate change

Post by GregM » Sun Nov 19, 2006 5:55 pm

rhull wrote:Adding the recursive list and the tree view together would be nice. The tree view only makes this feature un-useable to find files needing to be obliterated.
The effectively-recursive list before made it unusable for a large number of deleted files, so this would of course need to be optional.

adakin

Post by adakin » Wed Oct 10, 2007 4:00 pm

Any update on this? This has become so frustrating I can't even describe it. We have a user check-in a bunch of large files that shouldn't be in Vault and I'm spending half the day finding and obliterating them. It's to the point I'm going to start a .NET project to do this.