NAnt Tasks - vaultgetfile() - how to set to Modified date?

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

keithr

NAnt Tasks - vaultgetfile() - how to set to Modified date?

Post by keithr » Tue Nov 28, 2006 11:50 am

It seems this task is only capable of setting the files to the current datetime of the extraction.

Is there a way to set them to the Modified or Checked-In date upon retrieval? I need this to know what has actually changed when generating incremental builds... If not, how about some source code guys? We have a number of licenses...

Beth

Post by Beth » Tue Nov 28, 2006 1:35 pm

I believe I will have to put in a feature request for that capability.

As a workaround, you may wish to try creating a user for NAnt which had the time settings to use the default of modified or check-in configured in the GUI, and then use this user within NAnt. If this works for you, just let me know.

keithr

Post by keithr » Tue Nov 28, 2006 4:32 pm

Yeh, I figured I would have to do the separate account so that i don't have to worry about the security of my password, so I can use that to test your solution, though this account will require update perms, thus still a security hole.

But, the/my account i'm using already has "Set file time: Modification" set in the gui, so this doesn't appear to transfer to NAnt.

Lane

Post by Lane » Fri Dec 01, 2006 10:14 am

This solution will also require an additional license. Are we supposed to buy extra licenses just to support automated builds?

Beth

Post by Beth » Fri Dec 01, 2006 11:42 am

On the set time issue:
A work-around for that is to use a call to command line client, because it is more full featured. You can look here for documentation on the command line client: http://download.sourcegear.com/misc/vau ... nt/clc.htm.

Beth

Post by Beth » Fri Dec 01, 2006 11:46 am

Licenses are per user per server, not per installation. It doesn't require that it be run by it's own separate user name.