Get latest excluding user

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

rakkar3

Get latest excluding user

Post by rakkar3 » Wed Dec 13, 2006 3:40 pm

A user made a bad checkin of a lot of files. How do I do a get latest, excluding that check-in? I tried history by user, excluding him, but it shows the same files more than once in the list, and I only want the latest version of each file before his checkin.

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Wed Dec 13, 2006 4:22 pm

If this was all in one checkin, you can do a Show History, bring up the History Explorer and choose Show History->View Folder History by Version.

You'll see a list of versions -- select the one that corresponds with this user's checkin, and do a GetTree.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

rakkar3

Post by rakkar3 » Wed Dec 13, 2006 4:31 pm

You mean Query / Filter/Sort / Sort / version / Ascending?

I can do that but the results are sort of meaningless, because different files can have the same version, and it also brings up the directories, and even if I exclude him as a user it still shows the same file more than once in the list, where I only want the latest version.

I also don't see the GetTree command anywhere. You mean Get? My only option then is to go down the list one by one, to figure out which file I need and do it manually.

rakkar3

Post by rakkar3 » Thu Dec 14, 2006 2:10 pm

Any idea on this? I find it strange that as advanced as Vault is it doesn't support something as simple as atomic checkin of a set of files, and the ability to get a previous set. Perforce has this and it's an obvious feature to have.

GregM

Post by GregM » Thu Dec 14, 2006 4:24 pm

Vault does support both of those. To get the tree as it was just before that checkin, do exactly as Linda described. Select the top level folder. Show History - View folder history by version. Select the version just before the problem check-in, and select Get Tree.

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Fri Dec 15, 2006 8:31 am

Thanks for chiming in, Greg.

Rakkar3 -- it's possible you're not seeing the History Query Filter/Sort screen, but going right to query results.

If your Show History command immediately brings query results, try it again, this time holding down the Shift key. In the History Query Filter/Sort screen you'll see two radio buttons, one for View folder History by item and another for View folder history by version.

Select view folder history by version to see changeset history. The Get Tree command is to the right of the query results.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager