Email notification of Move

This forum is now locked, since Gold Support is no longer offered.

Moderator: SourceGear

GregM

Email notification of Move

Post by GregM » Tue Jan 02, 2007 12:46 pm

I just moved 19 files as part of a transaction involving a bunch of changes as well. For the 19 files, there was only a "moved out of folder" and a "moved into folder" for one of the files. The rest of the moved files were not included in the email.

This used to happen with added and deleted files, but I'm pretty sure that's been fixed.

Client and Server Version: 3.5.0.4741

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Tue Jan 02, 2007 4:31 pm

This used to happen with added and deleted files, but I'm pretty sure that's been fixed.
Actually it hasn't been fixed -- we still have an open bug for "multiple operations generate only one email." This includes Deletes, Moves, etc.

I've added this latest post to the bug comments, so hopefully it will get some additional attention.[/quote]
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

GregM

Post by GregM » Thu Jan 04, 2007 7:00 am

That's odd, I'm pretty sure I've seen emails with more than one Add operation in recent versions.

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Thu Jan 04, 2007 8:38 am

It does work properly for Adds, but not for Deletes and Moves.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

GregM

Post by GregM » Thu Jan 04, 2007 8:52 am

Okay, at least I'm not completely crazy.

Thanks.

M Wickardt

Post by M Wickardt » Fri Jan 19, 2007 6:46 am

It also doesn't send an e-mail with Rollback actions. This has been reported earlier.

For me, at least a 'sign' something changed (and a transaction number) is workable, so I can use the history of the transaction to see what actions were done (with the API). Even if the e-mail doesn't list all of the files affected, I can still ask the API (although it's annoying). That it doesn't give any e-mail for Rollback is not solvable for us... so an urgent request to fix this soon.

I'd also like to request (I already made a similar request) a second server-side feature, plz put something like this in the server configuration:

{toggle}
Send transaction number to server [x]
{text boxes}
Send transaction number to: Server: ............ Port: ......
{option buttons}
In end-of-transaction (o) Post-transaction ( )
{text box}
Time-out (in-transaction): ..... ms

The in end-of-transaction would send the transaction number *within* the transaction, but just before the end of the actual transaction. So the transaction could still be cancelled, or the files could be modified by a custom batch process, if the code modifications didn't meet some custom validations. In this case it's important that the API does give feedback of files involved in this unfinished transaction.

Right now we have to emulate an smtp server and parse the e-mail messages, not the nicest way of automating stuff.

Best regards, Tijs Wickardt, Bertus Distributie