Incorrect password every time I open Visual Studio

This forum is now locked, since Gold Support is no longer offered.

Moderator: SourceGear

tomt84

Incorrect password every time I open Visual Studio

Post by tomt84 » Tue Jan 16, 2007 4:32 am

Morning

Every time I open our main project in Visual Studio 2005 on (only) one of the machines I develop on, I get a prompt from Vault stating "Invalid username or password". It then gives me the logon screen and allows me to log in.

I have tried clearing out the profiles and resetting the password, but it never seems to want to remember it. I think Visual Studio is holding on to an old password somewhere, but I don't know where to look beyond the client logon screen.

We're running the latest releases of both the client and the server.

Many thanks for any pointers.
Tom

edit: forgot to mention - yes I have changed my password at some point in the past.
Tom Fanning

Beth

Post by Beth » Tue Jan 16, 2007 4:30 pm

Do you know if Vault is configured to be integrated with Active Directory? If so, then if you changed your password in Vault it gets confused on what's correct.

If that's not the case, you may have to edit the MSSCCPRJ.SCC file to get it to switch the profile it uses to be the last one you created. That's explained in this article: http://support.sourcegear.com/viewtopic.php?t=2474.

tomt84

Post by tomt84 » Wed Jan 17, 2007 5:03 am

Making sure that all machines used the same profile name, and making sure that that profile name was consistent with the contents of MSSCCPRJ.SCC has fixed this issue.

Many thanks.
Tom Fanning

Beth

Post by Beth » Wed Jan 17, 2007 3:58 pm

Thanks for the update.