Vault/VS issue

This forum is now locked, since Gold Support is no longer offered.

Moderator: SourceGear

Vinaya

Vault/VS issue

Post by Vinaya » Mon Jan 29, 2007 3:30 pm

One of my developer is having problem in open solution from Source Control in Visual Studio. Every time he open his the solution, which has mutiple projects, he gets and error message box stating that some of the projects are not mapped to the source control.

Please find the attachment, which show the error message.
Attachments
Vault_VS Issue.doc
(72.5 KiB) Downloaded 480 times

Beth

Post by Beth » Mon Jan 29, 2007 3:42 pm

Was this project last under VSS for source control? If so, you may need to set Vault to be your default source control provider to make VS look to Vault.

Was it bound under Vault previously? A fresh Open from Source Control should only need to be done once to create the bindings.

Did he unbind from source control first (using Change Source Control) before trying a fresh open from source control?

Has he tried to check the items in after opening from source control?

Is the project a web project? If so, in Visual Studio 2005, the opening procedures are a little different.

Vinaya

Post by Vinaya » Wed Jan 31, 2007 9:15 am

Was this project last under VSS for source control? If so, you may need to set Vault to be your default source control provider to make VS look to Vault.
Yes

Was it bound under Vault previously? A fresh Open from Source Control should only need to be done once to create the bindings.
Yes, it was bound to Vault. This is happening for most of the times.
Did he unbind from source control first (using Change Source Control) before trying a fresh open from source control?
No.

Has he tried to check the items in after opening from source control?
Check-in is always done from source control in IDE.

Is the project a web project? If so, in Visual Studio 2005, the opening procedures are a little different
Is it a web project, we use VS 2003.

Beth

Post by Beth » Wed Jan 31, 2007 11:20 am

Between this posting and the other one, I think we will need to take some of this off-line. A big thing here will be first to get all your bindings set correctly, and then many of the other oddities you see should disappear, and then we can deal with what's left.

You can send an email through to support at sourcegear.com (attn: Beth) with a link to this post as well.

Vinaya

Post by Vinaya » Wed Jan 31, 2007 2:09 pm

How to set the bindings, could you please give me a walkthrough.

Beth

Post by Beth » Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:32 pm

Just so that I'm 100% clear before I post instructions, is that one developer the only one with problems with this project? Or is it more than one? Or is it verified that it is everyone with a problem with that project?

Vinaya

Post by Vinaya » Fri Feb 02, 2007 9:19 am

Many developers are coming up with these problems, but it is purely random. The problems which I have listed here are from 15-20 developers.

Beth

Post by Beth » Fri Feb 02, 2007 2:32 pm

I am sending you an email to pull this off-line to look at your individual set-up.