problem Vault over Cisco VPN w/ networked working folder

This forum is now locked, since Gold Support is no longer offered.

Moderator: SourceGear

bkrasnof

problem Vault over Cisco VPN w/ networked working folder

Post by bkrasnof » Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:44 pm

Hi, I have Vault 3.1.8.3771

It works great at our company, but over VPN at home it hangs when my working folder is on a networked server. The working folders on my local C: drive work great over VPN, no issues.

I notice a lot of wireless VPN traffic when it's hanging, in both directions. Maybe there's something I can do in the configuration to improve this?

thanks,
Bruce

Beth

Post by Beth » Fri Feb 02, 2007 8:51 am

Is the working folder you have set shared with anyone or even between two different systems? If so, they aren't intended to be used that way and we've had users who had problems because of that sharing.

If you're not sharing the working folder, then I imagine a lot of additional traffic is being generated, because everything is first coming to your system, and then having to go right back over the network to your working folder.

You are going to get by far better results if your working folder is on your PC.

bkrasnof

Post by bkrasnof » Fri Feb 02, 2007 9:06 am

Hi Beth, thanks. I guess I can move it to my local drive, I just liked the network drive because it has regular snapshot backups (netapps storage device).

At work, everything works fine, I didn't expect it to be that different over VPN.

thanks,
Bruce