Working folders

This forum is now locked, since Gold Support is no longer offered.

Moderator: SourceGear

micke_314

Working folders

Post by micke_314 » Mon Oct 16, 2006 1:10 am

Hi!

Our setup with folders and workingfolders does not work anymore. I do not know when it stoped but now we are using 3.5.1

Structure is.
$/folder1
$/folder2
$/folder3

What I would like to do is to set working folder for $ to c:\root and also set workingfolder $/folder2 to c:\root.

I get the error
"The following repository path is already assigned to this working folder:$"

regards

/Micke
Micke

Beth

Post by Beth » Mon Oct 16, 2006 8:08 am

Starting with version 3.5, setting multiple folders to the same working folder is no longer a feature. In the past there were issues that cropped up from that being allowed.

One thing you can do is set the working folder of $ and check Force all subfolders to use inheirited working folders.

I do have a request logged for us to have that feature back and maybe just deal with it in a different manner. Would you like your vote added to that?

micke_314

Post by micke_314 » Mon Oct 16, 2006 3:04 pm

Thank you for your response.
Starting with version 3.5, setting multiple folders to the same working folder is no longer a feature. In the past there were issues that cropped up from that being allowed.
This should have been mentioned in the release notes for version 3.5.
If you have configured multiple folders to the same working in a previous version there is no warning or notification that this is bad. It appears to work just fine until you have to assign working folder again.
One thing you can do is set the working folder of $ and check Force all subfolders to use inheirited working folders.
Cool feataure but it does not make sense to me in this particular case. :?
I do have a request logged for us to have that feature back and maybe just deal with it in a different manner. Would you like your vote added to that?
No this is not necessary. I can easily change the layout of my files on disk.
Micke

Beth

Post by Beth » Tue Oct 17, 2006 12:33 pm

This should have been mentioned in the release notes for version 3.5.
Thanks for the feedback. I'll follow up on that.

jclausius

Post by jclausius » Tue Oct 17, 2006 1:06 pm

micke_314 wrote:This should have been mentioned in the release notes for version 3.5.
Sorry about that. It was my mistake to not include this bug in the release notes.

I've updated the content of the release notes to show the fix.
Jeff Clausius
SourceGear

JonShrout

Working Folders

Post by JonShrout » Mon Feb 19, 2007 8:15 am

Beth wrote:Starting with version 3.5, setting multiple folders to the same working folder is no longer a feature. In the past there were issues that cropped up from that being allowed.

Please add my vote!

Beth

Post by Beth » Mon Feb 19, 2007 11:09 am

Got it. Thanks.

PACEGMBH

Working Folders

Post by PACEGMBH » Thu Feb 22, 2007 9:30 am

Beth wrote:

Please add my vote too!

Beth

Post by Beth » Thu Feb 22, 2007 10:14 am

Got it. Thanks.